Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Lookin' Good Scott!!
  #22    Top
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Langlois View Post
Nice Pete, are you a B&H affiliate? How's that working out?
  #23    Top
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post
Nice Pete, are you a B&H affiliate? How's that working out?
I hardly ever check. I know some of the buyers at B&H, J&R, Broadfield, & Adorama from my last job.
Websites: http://www.petelanglois.net & http://www.londonderrynh.net/author/pete-langlois
  #24    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Well here is mine http://snapdragonphotography.smugmug.com/ I had a really hard time getting it all put together. This CSS buisness is way above me lol but I think it looks nice and simple, but I like simple. Unless anyone out there wants to make me a better one outta the kindness of their hearts? lol Just kidding! Please tell me what you think.

Thanks
Lana

#25    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Premiere Member
it is a very simple site - and that can be a good thing, too. One thing I suggest is that you turn off Originals and perhaps X3Large and X2Large. There is no point in giving away photos since you have selling enabled for the galleries and the images are not watermarked. That's just a suggestion, though.

Edit: This image is nice. Coolness.
  #26    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Affonso View Post
Well here is mine http://snapdragonphotography.smugmug.com/ I had a really hard time getting it all put together. This CSS buisness is way above me lol but I think it looks nice and simple, but I like simple. Unless anyone out there wants to make me a better one outta the kindness of their hearts? lol Just kidding! Please tell me what you think.

Thanks
Lana
Hello, I think it looks very clean and nice. Good work!

A little tip, to make a clean page for Contact and About SnapDragon, go into your Customization screen and in the CSS box, enter this:

.gallery_XXXXXX .pageNav {
display: none;
}

It will get rid of the Page navigation breadcrumbs on your page for a cleaner look.

Take a look #29 on this FAQ: http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq
  #27    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
Heres mine so far. Still have more to add and a lot of tinkering.

Thanks Smugmug and PC for doing the Scavenger Hunts, if it werent for that than I wouldn't have a site. So everyone here at the Corner should really jump in on them because it is worth it!

If there are any tips that you can give to better the site please let me know.

http://scotthalfordphotography.smugmug.com/
Thanks Scott! We love work with the Corner.

I think you could use #29 on your Guestbook as well: http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq

I love looking at all your sites!
  #28    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post
it is a very simple site - and that can be a good thing, too. One thing I suggest is that you turn off Originals and perhaps X3Large and X2Large. There is no point in giving away photos since you have selling enabled for the galleries and the images are not watermarked. That's just a suggestion, though.

Edit: This image is nice. Coolness.
Thanks for the input, never thought of it. I will get on it right away. Thats one of my favorite images as well. It was funny when I took the shot I didn't realize how dirty the actual flower was and had to "clean" it in post . . . took forever!

Lana

#29    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham1 View Post
Hello, I think it looks very clean and nice. Good work!

A little tip, to make a clean page for Contact and About SnapDragon, go into your Customization screen and in the CSS box, enter this:

.gallery_XXXXXX .pageNav {
}

It will get rid of the Page navigation breadcrumbs on your page for a cleaner look.

Take a look #29 on this FAQ: http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq
Thanks, glad you like my page! So I put it in just as it is? I don't need to add anything . . . lol change the X's to numbers or letters? I'm off to give it a try, I will come back if I have any issues lol and yes I can manage to mess up one little line of CSS . . .

Lana

Sponsors
  #30    Top
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Affonso View Post
Thanks, glad you like my page! So I put it in just as it is? I don't need to add anything . . . lol change the X's to numbers or letters? I'm off to give it a try, I will come back if I have any issues lol and yes I can manage to mess up one little line of CSS . . .

Lana
Lana,

In Smugmug galleries and photos are uniquely identified by a combination of ID number and key. This type of encoding is to help combat image theft by computer bots that scan sites and lift images by guessing the filenames.

The direct link for the "About Snapdragon" gallery is:
http://snapdragonphotography.smugmug.../5754584_YH3KV

Here the GalleryID is 5754584. The GalleryKey is YH3KV. Similarly, for your "Contact" gallery, the GalleryID is 5754658, and the GalleryKey is ktEW9

So, following Ham's suggestion you would add the following to the CSS section in your customization (the GalleryKey values are not needed for this):

Note that the ending brace is typically provided on a line by itself so that coders can easily see the end of a customization series of code. However, that is not a requirement.

Code:
.gallery_5754584 .pageNav,
.gallery_5754658 .pageNav  {
}
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner