Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
11th Photography Corner Scavenger Hunt

Okay, so you asked and thou shall receive! The 11th Scavenger Hunt is now open for participation. Here are the rules and guidelines. The Hunt period will be 9/4/08 - 9/30/08, post all images in this thread...have fun, be creative and happy shooting!!

1. Addition
2. Apple
3. Acorn
4. Brown
5. Breezy
6. Blanket
7. Bounce
8. Cat
9. Cloud
10. Crayon

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography

Last edited by newlove; September 25th, 2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Date change
  #2    Top
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Thought I'd give this a start since I have a free day...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	addition.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	67053  Click image for larger version

Name:	apple.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	67054  Click image for larger version

Name:	dusty acorn.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	67055  Click image for larger version

Name:	brown.jpg
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	67056  Click image for larger version

Name:	breezy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	67057  

Name:	blanket.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	67058  Click image for larger version

Name:	bounce.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	67059  Click image for larger version

Name:	cat.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	67060  Click image for larger version

Name:	cloud.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	67061  Click image for larger version

Name:	crayon.jpg
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	67062  

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop

Basics of Photography
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old September 14th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Premiere Member
I'm going to extend and change the time frame of the scavenger hunt. Instead of having a two weeks it will now chagne to a full month. So at the beginning of each month a new list of hunt items will be posted.

We do need more participation in this, so when you get a chance go out or in and hunt for the objects. You do not need to post all ten if you did not find all ten. We will accept anything you find, just post...please. Thanks.

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop

Basics of Photography
  #4    Top
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlove View Post
We do need more participation in this, so when you get a chance go out or in and hunt for the objects. You do not need to post all ten if you did not find all ten. We will accept anything you find, just post...please. Thanks.
I think it's the one-outing rule that kinda kills it for some people; I have some ideas for some things that just can't easily be done in one run...especially since the weather has been clear and nearly calm today, which impairs both cloud and breezy.

I'll post what I did today in a few minutes. It's not everything, but I got a few.
  #5    Top
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Well, 5 out of 10...I guess I could have done better if I'd remembered to take the list along.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Acorn.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	67370  Click image for larger version

Name:	Apple1.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	67371  Click image for larger version

Name:	Bounce1.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	67372  Click image for larger version

Name:	Brown.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	67373  Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat3.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	67374  

#6    Top
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Premiere Member
Hey these are great, yippee!! I hope you had fun finding these because that's what it's all about....

Now, I ask - should we change the guidelines to make for a longer duration to hunt? I'm game if the vast majority would like the change...let me know, everybody!!

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop

Basics of Photography
  #7    Top
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Let there be light
I like changing the hunt time. Sometimes I just don't have time to do it all in one day, so if we are going to have one month to submit then we should have more then one day to find the things to shot.
  #8    Top
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Premiere Member
So far, I have two who want to change the guidelines, one who (not including me) actually did the hunt and a change in the time limit...should we rethink this scavenger hunt thing? I'd love to get more input, insight, suggestions, ideas, a yay, a nay and a bushel of hay before making any changes...Thanks!!

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop

Basics of Photography
  #9    Top
Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Day Lily and Ant
Oh, crud, I've had major surgery and totally missed out on this scavenger hunt. I like them, scavenger hunts, immensely for they are a good bit of problem solving as well as just plain fun. It's great to see what people come up with.

Ack, today is the 23rd. Can I still shoot this list? I'm recuperating and stuck at home. The thing is, everything on this particular list is well within easy access. It would not cost me a lot physically.

I'm thinking a month is a good time frame for the hunt. That gives us time to notice one is going on, and do a mild bit of planning for the actual day of shooting. I'm thinking I might try and shoot the list tomorrow before I poop out.

Last edited by KayakFreak; September 23rd, 2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Carbon Based Error
  #10    Top
Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Recent Photo: Fireworks3
I love the idea of having a whole month for the hunt. I love doing things like this but I haven't had the time to get all the pictures needed with my busy schedule. A month to get all of them done would be great~!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner