Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: untitled-41
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Curiosity

"Hmm....I've seen alot of cats around here but I've never seen one like that"

"Pretty sure it's not a cat...but what the heck is it? "

" Must one of those fancy long eared foreign cats"

For those of you who rember pics of my cat Thrasher...this isn't him. It's one of his brothers. I'm still working on talking my boyfriend into letting me bring Biscuit home but no luck yet! Wanted to get some pics of the cat and bunny together but this was right after my niece brought the bunny home and she was afraid of what the cat might do so we couldn't let them get to close for very long!

Canon 60D

"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just convincing you that I'm right"
  #2    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Probably good thinking...at least till they learn they both belong cool series...goes well with the other one too!......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #3    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:16 AM
That's a very nice story you have here, Dana. The photos are a bit soft to me (or is it just my screen?), but the concept is good.

Your niece is right. You should make the cat and the bunny be 'acquainted' first. Give them some time and they will be good photo partners in no time. I have seen cats and dogs in a friendly pose. I'm sure the cat and the bunny will get their chance, too. Hope you can let us see their photo together, too.
  #4    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks again Laurie and Kalem, glad you like them.

Kalem- I agree about them being a bit soft. It was getting dark and I had my aperature open all the way so not all the parts of the kitty and bunny were as sharp as I would have liked. I was afraid I would scare the bunny with the flash. As soon as they get aquainted I'll post some of them together

Canon 60D

Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Recent Photo: Nephew Kad...1
That is a good story, cats are such interesting creatures... all great picture and lovely animals

Gear
Digital Rebel, Nifty Fifty
Canon SD 1100is
Kodak ZD710
Shopping for more!!
  #6    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
What a great set!

I love the second image the most!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #7    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Splash of red
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Awww haha, the second one you can almost feel the kitty plotting!

Great job, they are adorable!
  #8    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Premiere Member
Thank you so much everyone, glad you all like them. It was very funny watching him try to get to the rabbit. He wanted to get to it sooooo badly

Canon 60D

#9    Top
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Ok - Dana you running like a 12 on a scale of 10 for cuteness here in this thread !!! Your images do tell a nice story. I think the softness does work nicely here. It frames your subjects with the oof grass in your foreground. Besides, aren't kittens & bunnies supposed to be soft and fuzzy anyway ??? Your wide open aperture and limited depth of field really brings that point home.

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
  #10    Top
Old September 14th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Premiere Member
Hehe..thank you very much Dan, glad you like them. Yes....kittens and bunnies are supposed to be soft and fuzzy!

Canon 60D

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things