Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Recent Photo: Freedom
Photography Corner Walk Iowa

Sat Oct 18. I have decided to open it up to all members in Iowa thinking we could find a midpoint between all of us. Hope you Iowans can join me.
  #2    Top
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Elite Member
I vote for the Des Moines area.

www.michaelriggsphoto.com
  #3    Top
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I live in Chicago, but my wife's family is from Iowa City... Maybe Cedar Rapids?
  #4    Top
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I'm in Davenport...maybe an off center meeting spot like Amana Colonies or the Hoover Museum?????

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #5    Top
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Just giving this one a little tweek to see if any Iowans or near Iowans want to meet someplace central and interesting for a meet and greet and photo shoot........

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
  #6    Top
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I am sorry I have not gotten back to everyone sooner I had been laid up with back problems staying with my mother I am now going through physical therpy and doing much better I am going to search to see what I can find in the east central part of iowa for a good place to photograph. I will get back to you later on today as well as send an individual message to all that have posted in this forum. Thank you.
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I am thinking Mines of Spain State Recreation Area in Dubuque but I am open to any other ideas just email me or post in this forum I will then come up with a list and we will decide from there.
  #8    Top
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Premiere Member
The Mines of Spain look very interesting and would actually be a bit central.....specially if our two out of state friends want to join us....Jenroyce is near the Dells in Wisconsin and JoetheDestroyer is in Chicago area....our three are Northwest of DesMonies and in Des Moines and me in Davenport....any where in the East half is fine with me.......

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

#9    Top
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:53 AM
That is what I was thinking myself...I'm in north central iowa so I thought that would be a decent place to go, concidering it's right on the Mississippi and I've heard a lot of good things about that park from others I have talked to. What does everyone else think?
  #10    Top
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I would like to know who all is going and we can set up a time to meet up so let me know asap.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks