Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old October 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
As far as I'm concerned then, we're on, even if it is oly the two of us....checked the weather...mostly sunny 57 high...43 low..20% chance of an errant sprinkle....so weather permitting....look at their site, they have a visitors center which might be a good place to meet get maps and make some plans....I'm not the best hiker but I get there at reasonable distances....time wise we need to check if open early or on winter hours....and how long might your drive be......mine is about an hour + a few minutes...I think we maybe the first to confirm a walk...little ole IOWA rocks....lets hear from the others now......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #12    Top
Old October 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Recent Photo: Freedom
The park is open year-round, with park hours of 4 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. The interpretive center is open year-round with limited hours. It is open Monday through Friday from October through April. During the summer season, April through October, the center is open seven days a week. Summer hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 4:30 p.m. on weekends. Please call for off-season hours and special programs.

It will take me roughly three and half hours to get there
  #14    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
AND we'd love to have you but out teleporter seems to be broken....maybe another time when visiting Dad...keep in touch.......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
  #15    Top
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Ok so no one is speaking up about at time to get together so I am going to say how about we meet up at 2:00pm that will ensure driving time for those of us who are futher away as well as give us time to check out maps and photograph and hey you may even be there long enough to get sunset shots. If there are any objections to that time let me know and we can work something else out otherwise I will assume 2:00. Again I would like to know who all is going so we can have a head count and not start our hiking before someone gets there. Please get back to me asap on this so I can make plans that will work for everyone. either reply in the forum or send me a private message. Thank you.
  #16    Top
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Premiere Member
I'll be there at 2 o"clock at I presume the visitors center...if any changes just let me know looking forward to this......

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

#17    Top
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Splash of red
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I wish I could make it! Unfortunately we have plans I will keep my eye out for more meet-ups. Have fun and I expect lots of photos
Sponsors
  #18    Top
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenroyce View Post
I wish I could make it! Unfortunately we have plans I will keep my eye out for more meet-ups. Have fun and I expect lots of photos
It all depends on how many people show up so far the only people who have confirmed is Laurie and of course myself, so that makes 6 pictures, 3 from me and 3 from Laurie unless we decide to post others up in a different forum besides the corner walk forum. It is unfortunate I was really looking forward to a better turn out but oh well maybe next time, or we could just get together minus the corner walk event who knows. I know I plan on being in Decorah and Prairie du Chien before the snow starts falling to photograph.
  #19    Top
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Premiere Member
Walking out the door on my way to Mines of Spain.....be there soon.......

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

#20    Top
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I hope you guys have a blast today and take some great pictures. I was able to make it to Iowa this weekend, but I was unable to check the camera out of work. I really need to get my own... just gotta get the greenlight from the CFO/wife.