Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Anyone in the St.Albert, AB, area?

It sounds like a great idea. Would be cool to make some photo friends around here.

Do any of you live in the St.Albert/Edmonton area, or maybe even north of there? I live near Westlock, and am pretty new to the area, so wouldn't want to venture too far. Might get lost.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #2    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Hey Sabine,
If you got out and took some shots on an individual PhotoWalk on that day, then you can post your 3 favorite pics in the Independent PhotoWalk: Photos thread.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #3    Top
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter '08
I live in the Lac La Biche area, but I also work in Fort McMurray so I don't get much time off. Lately I've been working 24 day shifts and haven't had time to even use my camera.

Have you ever taken the ferry across the Athabasca to shoot the dirt bikes and quads on the dunes and muskegs? It's also a nice place to camp.
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:51 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman64 View Post
I live in the Lac La Biche area, but I also work in Fort McMurray so I don't get much time off. Lately I've been working 24 day shifts and haven't had time to even use my camera.

Have you ever taken the ferry across the Athabasca to shoot the dirt bikes and quads on the dunes and muskegs? It's also a nice place to camp.
I didn't think there was any of us (photogs) up here.

I haven't lived here for very long. Up until July we were only ever here on holiday, but I'm hopefully here for good now. No, I haven't been on the ferry yet, but have heard about it. Will definitely look into it one day.

Maybe we'll be able to go take photos together one day, although I see that you are a very busy bee. My husband is not here right now, so I too have been busy. Had bad winds here on Saturday and lots of trees came down on our trails, so I've spent the last 3 days swinging the axe clearing it all. Nothing like a good work-out.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #5    Top
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter '08
There are lots around you just have to find them. I have a friend at my work who is also into photography but we are always working. There may be a photography club in St Albert. My wife found one for me in Fort McMurray but I am either working or at home. I see you've already been to the Rockies. If you haven't shot northern lights yet and don't mind the cold there is a web site now to let you know if there is a good chance of seeing them on a particular night. This is an Alberta University site: http://corona-gw.phys.ualberta.ca/AuroraWatch/ . Dress warm and keep a spare battery under your warm clothes.
  #6    Top
Old January 7th, 2009, 05:51 AM
What a lovely place in the world. I spent around 10 years in Edmonton and before that another 10 or so years in Slave Lake.

One of the best things about the area, for photographers, is the amazing scenery and the seasonal changes. There is also quite a bit of wildlife to shoot.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks