Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should win Contest Corner Challenge #57: Pollution?
ccc57-01 - Autumnal Tip 2 1.92%
ccc57-02 - Deadly Flower 14 13.46%
ccc57-03 - Eclipsed 0 0%
ccc57-04 - Scorched Earth 27 25.96%
ccc57-05 - Automotive Autumn 2 1.92%
ccc57-06 - Urban Glow 3 2.88%
ccc57-07 - River 7 6.73%
ccc57-08 - Leaving Pollution Behind 3 2.88%
ccc57-09 - Hot Jakarta 16 15.38%
ccc57-10 - Pollution Kills 2 1.92%
ccc57-11 - Pollution: Mother Nature on Fire 1 0.96%
ccc57-12 - Pollution Death 4 3.85%
ccc57-13 - What's Her View? 6 5.77%
ccc57-14 - Pervasive Poison 1 0.96%
ccc57-15 - Who Is Responsible Here? 4 3.85%
ccc57-16 - The Beginning 2 1.92%
ccc57-17 - How Refine 3 2.88%
ccc57-18 - A Cup-O-Autumn Sludge and Oil 0 0%
ccc57-19 - Sunblock 7 6.73%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the CCC#57: Pollution Winning Photograph

Contest: CCC#57: Pollution

Sponsor: SmugMug - The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print.

Prizes: If the winner is a Premiere Member, they will receive a SmugMug Pro Account (1-year free subscription) or a $50 Gift Certificate towards prints at SmugMug.com. If the winner is not a Premiere Member, they will receive a SmugMug Power Account (1-year free subscription).

Voting Ends: approximately 5:15pm EST, Sunday, October 19th, 2008 (9:15pm GMT).

For those that wanted to view the photos in the gallery, check it out here: CCC#57: Pollution Photo Gallery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ccc57-01---Autumnal-Tip.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	964.6 KB
ID:	67990
ccc57-01 - Autumnal Tip

Name:	ccc57-02---Deadly-Flower.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	67991
ccc57-02 - Deadly Flower

Name:	ccc57-03---Eclipsed.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	547.4 KB
ID:	67992
ccc57-03 - Eclipsed

Name:	ccc57-04---Scorched-Earth.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	67993
ccc57-04 - Scorched Earth

Name:	ccc57-05---Automotive-Autumn.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	662.3 KB
ID:	67994
ccc57-05 - Automotive Autumn

Name:	ccc57-06---Urban-Glow.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	67995
ccc57-06 - Urban Glow

Name:	ccc57-07---River.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	906.7 KB
ID:	67996
ccc57-07 - River

Name:	ccc57-08---Leaving-Pollution-Behind.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	67997
ccc57-08 - Leaving Pollution Behind

Name:	ccc57-09---Hot-Jakarta.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	828.2 KB
ID:	67998
ccc57-09 - Hot Jakarta

Name:	ccc57-10---Pollution-Kills.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	834.6 KB
ID:	67999
ccc57-10 - Pollution Kills

Name:	ccc57-11---Pollution-colon-Mother-Nature-on-Nature.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	68000
ccc57-11 - Pollution: Mother Nature on Fire

Name:	ccc57-12---Pollution-Death.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	68001
ccc57-12 - Pollution Death

Name:	ccc57-13---What-s-Her-View-questionmark.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	985.5 KB
ID:	68002
ccc57-13 - What's Her View?

Name:	ccc57-14---Pervasive-Poison.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	68003
ccc57-14 - Pervasive Poison

Name:	ccc57-15---Who-Is-Responsible-Here-questionmark.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	68004
ccc57-15 - Who Is Responsible Here?

Name:	ccc57-16---The-Beginning.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	68005
ccc57-16 - The Beginning

Name:	ccc57-17---How-Refine.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	68006
ccc57-17 - How Refine

Name:	ccc57-18---A-Cup-O-Autumn-Sludge-and-Oil.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	68007
ccc57-18 - A Cup-O-Autumn Sludge and Oil

Name:	ccc57-19---Sunblock.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	68008
ccc57-19 - Sunblock
  #2    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Some really rubbish shots here!

Gonna have to come back to vote - quick glance gave me a headache ..

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42 View Post
Some really rubbish shots here!
lmao!!

if there was ever a pun award - id give it to you.
  #4    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
lmao!!

if there was ever a pun award - id give it to you.
It's the only chance I've got for a winner out of this line up - so I'll take that!!!

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #5    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Wow, some really great shots! Today was our yucky muggy day where I live so I wasn't able to get a shot in, but there's no way I could have competed! Good luck everyone, my vote is in.
  #6    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Very difficult lineup indeed! Great shots everyone. Good luck to all.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #7    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I can't wait to see who did what... I have my suspicions, as I've been getting to know a few of yalls styles. It'll be exciting to see if I'm right
  #8    Top
Old October 14th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Junior VIP Member
I badly wished to try to cheat (by submitting a photograph I took a few months ago rather than in the duration of the competition) for this contest, but, seeing the quality of some of the entries, I'm glad I didn't even seriously humor the possibility . Good luck.
  #9    Top
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Elite Member
Well, it was hard, but my vote is in.

Madness

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
  #10    Top
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I'm gonna have to come back to it also, so many great entries!
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner