Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Silly question. How do I link one thread to another so I can nominate it? Thank you, mods.
  #22    Top
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatphotos View Post
Silly question. How do I link one thread to another so I can nominate it? Thank you, mods.
quiet simple really.

there are 3 ways really.

you can just copy and paste the URL or Address Bar link from the address bar into the message box like so (it might not turn into a link straight away)

http://www.photographycorner.com/for...260#post574260

which will then link me to the thread of the picture you want to nominate.

you can shorten the link by adding the link to a text by doing this

[*url=http://www.photographycorner.com/for...260#post574260] The Thread Name [/url*]

remove the stars that i put in there so you could see and you should get something that looks like this

The Thread Name

Finally in the Message window there is a bunch of options if you have advanced options clicked on here. Activiate it if you dont, its handy!.

Just go to the one that looks like earth with a chain link on it (its under the smileyfaces for me)

click it and you should get a window like the one that is in the attachment ive just added below
just paste the link of the thread into that box and voila!

you can also highlight a word and click that button and add the link onto that word.

There.

Thats 3 of the most common ways of adding a link to another thread in a thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hyperlink.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	69287  
  #23    Top
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatphotos View Post
This might be the low tech way of doing it Jenn but I just go to the thread I want to nominate and copy the url address up at the top of my browser and then just paste it into the reply within the nominating thread.

Maybe some of our more sophisticated Mods might have a more savvy way of doing it.

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
  #24    Top
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thank you both very much. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
Sponsors
  #25    Top
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Mark this sold, too: http://www.photographycorner.com/for...ad.php?t=79974
  #26    Top
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post
Done
I think.

Sorted out that PM you sent me aswell David, will be delt with. cheers for heads up.
  #27    Top
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Thanks Kevin!
  #28    Top
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Premiere Member
Can someone replace "Picasso" in the title/body with "Picasa" to help people who may search the forums later?
  #30    Top
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Premiere Member
Doh!!!!!

http://www.photographycorner.com/for...ewpost&t=80072
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions