Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Premiere LEARNER
Recent Photo: Two Ladies
So I missed this walk - when's the next one?
and
Is there any other member on this forum that finds h/imself in Warsaw, Poland or surrounding areas?
It would really be great to go walking together.
If nobody's here, I'll just hook up my hubby - he's a great caddy
  #22    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Hey Lise, I agree with Andy about the friendliness of that SCAREcrow. It is such a seasonal pic too. I like the 3rd one too, and the way that hte lines of the fence and the light plays throughout. Glad you got out and posted your pics for us to share your experience!

And for those that missed it, we'll be laying out some ideas and plans for a future walk soon.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #23    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Nice series Lise...glad you could get out and play for awhile...the scarecrow is fun...love the colors and composition of all of them...please check out the Iowa walk foo...my pics are posted and WretchedSlave's will be end of the week...she is a bit retro and uses film, which is cool and what I'm more used to.......we all must do this again......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
Sponsors
  #24    Top
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
A fun series to view and the scarecrow was also my favorite of the three. When I saw the lion my first thought was old building adornment, never would have guessed it was a driveway statue. Thanks for the enjoyable walk around your neighborhood.

Jerry
  #25    Top
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
From what I gathered from the neighbors the lion statue is quite a landmark. The house has had a few tenants over the past 60 years and every tenant decided to keep the statue(s) as greeters when you first enter the driveway (this lion is one of a pair, btw) - they are pretty high up, too. I am 5' 5" and they stood about another 3-4 feet above me.

Thank you, everybody, for your kind words. However, I'd like to see other independent photowalk photos, I'm sure there are a lot more scarecrows that will actually scare out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
A fun series to view and the scarecrow was also my favorite of the three. When I saw the lion my first thought was old building adornment, never would have guessed it was a driveway statue. Thanks for the enjoyable walk around your neighborhood.

Jerry

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
  #26    Top
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Big Butters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Here are three of my favorites from a walk down Main Street Wellsboro PA.

A bit of Memorial Park.

Interesting shadows on a Main Street business.

A door facing Main Street.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w b and n.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	68194  Click image for larger version

Name:	shadow tree.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	68195  Click image for larger version

Name:	front door.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	68196  

C&C Always Welcome!

Just a Breeze was just a blast! ........ Fat Boy we miss you.
My Web Site My SmugMug My ETSY
  #27    Top
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quite a lot of fall color in that first one. And that harvest door is really colorful. Guess they use an alternate entrance during this time of year.

Glad to see that you got out as well in the spirit of our first Corner PhotoWalk. Thanks for sharing.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #28    Top
Old October 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Recent Photo: Freedom
These are all really great shots I am looking forward to seeing more. I the retro girl who uses film and refuses to get out of the dark ages has now posted her images in the iowa corner walk. So check them out.
  #29    Top
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Nice captures PicturePony! Love the color and the mood in the first shot and good eye finding the others. I love the vignette they have at the door but I have to agree with Mario - they must use a different entrance! Glad you got out and thanks for sharing.
  #30    Top
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Really creative and beautiful work, PicturePony. Thansk for sharing your walk with us.

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks