Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Recent Photo: Freedom
Corner Walk Photographs Iowa

I am opening up the images thread for Laurie to post her images mine will be comming at the end of this week. Look forward to seeing your images Laurie.
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
The Mines of Spain

Wretched Slave and I met at the Interpretive Center at the Mines of Spain...unfortunately it closed for the Season October 15th....but they left out Maps for self guided tours...A State of Iowa Park it is 1350 acres of Protected Wildlife Management Area with a number of hiking trails, picnic areas and facilities.....we walked the 1.3 mile trail around the center....which went down steep rock steps and up 4 by 4 wooden ones...to a Chapel site...we then drove to an area with a canoe launch facility and tributary to the Mississipi River....then we moved to the Monument Site where Julien Dubuque is buried and so is his father-in-law the Chief of the local Indian tribe ...really enjoyed the day and meeting a member of the Corner...took many pictures...talked a lot and finished up at McDonalds....looking forward to more of these.....and after this long winded introduction..these are three of my favorite shots at the Monument.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0671editR.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	68138  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0690editR.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	68139  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0695editR.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	68140  

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #3    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Sounds like you had a good time, Laurie!
Looks like a place I'd like to visit someday.
Love the colors of the foliage in the 2nd shot. Is that SNOW or just the way the concrete looks on the monument floor?!?
  #4    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Recent Photo: Freedom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellezfotoz View Post
Sounds like you had a good time, Laurie!
Looks like a place I'd like to visit someday.
Love the colors of the foliage in the 2nd shot. Is that SNOW or just the way the concrete looks on the monument floor?!?
Nope no snow yet lol that was loose rock around the grave site monument of the indian chief.
  #5    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Does look a bit like snow....but none yet, just white granite....thanks for the comments......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
  #6    Top
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
When I made a trip to Toronto earlier this year, a real highlight for me was meeting two other Corner members and having a few hours to share together taking photos and getting to know each other. I am really glad that you had an opportunity to experience this as well.

Looks like you had some decent weather, great color and interesting subjects to shoot. I really like the first and third shot. Looking forward to seeing the others.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #7    Top
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Oooo Laurie love them. My fave is the tower. Reminds me of an area we have here, it is the military base West point. Lots of towers, statues, plaques and old buildings. Beautiful, thanks Laurie!

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
  #8    Top
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
great looking shots. I'm surprised you guys had the weather you did that morning. Where I was in Iowa City, it was so foggy that you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you. I got lost in my in-law's neighborhood just going for a run. A 5k ended up being closer to 15
  #9    Top
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
Premiere Member
We met in the early afternoon Joe, sorry you couldn't join us but plan to do this again and we'll keep you in mind too......thanks for looking...Wretched Slave will post the other pics at the end of the week so look back then......

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

#10    Top
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Sounds like you two had fun, if I were closer I would of loved to of been there!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks