Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
It's wonderful to see the diversity of people on here and the different perspectives from everyone. Thanks all!

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
Sponsors
  #22    Top
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Happy_Halloween_
Photography and You Response

I know this is a bit late because I have been busy, but I did want to share.

1. Photography is a hobby. I wish I could do it full-time, but that's not in the cards right now. I do volunteer at a local botanical gardens where, in addition, to any personal photography I do, I take pictures of the plants year-round (I live in California) to keep the database up-to-date. In May I will lead a photography session about photographing the gardens. I just started doing this in April of this year and it has changed my focus a little bit - towards close-up photography - because of the plants.

2. For all that, I would probably prefer to take pictures of a beautiful city though the perfect landscape picture is also a holy grail. However, living close to San Francisco (I also lived there for 10 years), there are always more "perfect" pictures in the City than there are in the country. And the "perfect" pictures are always changing.

3. I would choose to take a picture os someone in their later years because the face in that age group shows so much personal history - perhaps my father.

4. One free day a week for photography - ah, what luxury! While I am considering moving into some macro photography, I think I would stay with one of my trusty zoom lenses. They give me the capability of taking both distance and more close-up work.
  #23    Top
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintess View Post
I know this is a bit late because I have been busy, but I did want to share.

Never too late to join a thread like this one, Pat. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your photo ventures in the gardens.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #24    Top
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I love it.
1. How does photography fit into your life? (Hobby? Field of Study? Earning income?Other?)
Was a profession. Now its a part time profession. I shot weddings and portraits for 15 years. I shot sports for 20 plus years. Now I cover Univ of Texas sports.

2. If you had to choose between photographing a glorious landscape or a glorious city, which would you choose and why?
City. I think there is soo much more you can do landscape wise than scenery.

3. If you were told that you could take the perfect portrait, but could only do it once, who would you choose as your subject and why?
People of power. Presidents, CEO's. Professional athletes that are above the rest of the athletes. The contrast of power in the human eye. The smirk you get. There is always something about power that I love to photograph. The picture of Micheal Jordan with the towel over his head is one of my favorites.

4. If you had to choose between having sex with a beautiful person everyday or having one free day per week of taking photographs, which lens woud you most want to have in your bag? What did you expect - this is a photography forum.
What scares me is after the career I have had NOW I can say that it would have to Halle Berry, Luci Lu or Selma Hayek.
So... come on... play along. Pour yourself your favorite beverage and contribute to the conversation. I hate to drink alone.
http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=5003
  #25    Top
Old November 15th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Lifelong Learner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobubba View Post
I love it.
1. How does photography fit into your life? (Hobby? Field of Study? Earning income?Other?)
Was a profession. Now its a part time profession. I shot weddings and portraits for 15 years. I shot sports for 20 plus years. Now I cover Univ of Texas sports.

2. If you had to choose between photographing a glorious landscape or a glorious city, which would you choose and why?
City. I think there is soo much more you can do landscape wise than scenery.

3. If you were told that you could take the perfect portrait, but could only do it once, who would you choose as your subject and why?
People of power. Presidents, CEO's. Professional athletes that are above the rest of the athletes. The contrast of power in the human eye. The smirk you get. There is always something about power that I love to photograph. The picture of Micheal Jordan with the towel over his head is one of my favorites.

4. If you had to choose between having sex with a beautiful person everyday or having one free day per week of taking photographs, which lens woud you most want to have in your bag? What did you expect - this is a photography forum.
What scares me is after the career I have had NOW I can say that it would have to Halle Berry, Luci Lu or Selma Hayek.
So... come on... play along. Pour yourself your favorite beverage and contribute to the conversation. I hate to drink alone.
Thanks fotobubba - I have to say that I'd love to have Halle Berry, Luci Lu or Selma Hayek in my photography bag too... but oh darn... sorry ladies, we were supposed to pick a lens!

#26    Top
Old November 26th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Premiere Member
I notice no one has replied to this in the last week, so.... to keep the thread going, as it's a good one..............
1. how does photography fit into my life: I would have more time for other things if I didn't have to make time for photography, but that is a pleasure. It is my major hobby and obsession. I would love to make money from it someday, but would that detract from my pleasure in it? Probably.
2. Landscape or city? Although I enjoy both, I would choose city, as you get a lot more 'value' in a small area of real estate. IMO, it's much more varied in an urban envirnoment (not better, just more varied).
3. Portrait...hmm...................someone who was a no-one.... but try to capture their complexities and beauty for all to see........
4. I would choose a day for photography..which would mean no hasslses with guilt complexes...just a day for the pure bliss of taking photos...with a macro.
  #27    Top
Old November 26th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
As I sit here on a cloudy and dreary afternoon, I am wondering about how different people view photography. So...

1. How does photography fit into your life? (Hobby? Field of Study? Earning income?Other?) Hobby - serious - some income ( fair amount )

2. If you had to choose between photographing a glorious landscape or a glorious city, which would you choose and why? Good Question - I like both.

3. If you were told that you could take the perfect portrait, but could only do it once, who would you choose as your subject and why? My parents - as my way of giving something back.

4. If you had to choose between having sex with a beautiful person everyday or having one free day per week of taking photographs, which lens woud you most want to have in your bag? What did you expect - this is a photography forum. 70-200 F2.8 IS Canon...

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #28    Top
Old November 29th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
As I sit here on a cloudy and dreary afternoon, I am wondering about how different people view photography. So...

1. Hobby, would like to learn more, if money comes along that's ok too but not looking for it.
2. Landscape - just love 'em! Haven't tried shooting much in a city though so maybe that would hold some interest for me if I gave it a try...
3. Well, the obvious answer would be of my family. Maybe my husband because he doesn't like having his picture taken so we don't have many good ones of him. But I don't know - that's a tough one to answer in just a few seconds of thinking...
4. Definitely one free day per week!!!! Time to myself...ahhhh! There are only two lenses that I could add to my current cam so the telephoto then the wide angle.
  #29    Top
Old November 30th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Recent Photo: Barrowing from Time
1. I was definately born with the artistic gene. Every person (well at least a couple generations back) who contributed to my genetic makeup is an artist in one way or another.
Ranging from musical artistry to lyrical artisty and every type in between. And like all of them except one, the artistic side stays but a lifelong passion and rely on other sources of income.

2. Definately landscape. Has always been number 1 on my list to shoot, draw, and paint.

3. I would have to say my best friend who is currently by main subject of learning portait photography. Im determined to have perfected it using her at my inspiration. And because shes inspired me in so many other areas of life.

4. I already get the one free day. Id have to go with the 600mm f/4 and a gym membership to haul the thing around.
  #30    Top
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Premiere Member
Photography and me

Well I love to shoot photos of basically anything city life, country life, landscape and portraits with no particular favorite interest. I doubt at this point if it will ever produce income due to my lack of understanding although it may someday god willing.
If I could make love for a week or shoot photos, which would I prefer? Hmmmmm.....
trick question?lol Photos would be the priority they don't complain lol.
If I could shoot a portrait of anyone "who would it be"? My Mother, because that would mean she is with me just a short while longer, you see she took ill and was hospitalised a few days after we left the states and then I had to turn around again once I landed in Saudi to try to make it back to her before she passed away and to make a long story short I did not make it in time so I missed seeing her the last time by a few hours so she would be my favorite one to shoot.
10-20 Sigma
85mm Prime
50mm 2.8mm
1 kit lens
Got the equipment, need a photographer.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner