Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > The Marketplace > Photography Sites

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
cc my site please :)

anyone want to CC my website purdy please I'm still working on it and trying to build my portfolio. I know i need an "About Me" page and am working on it. Just have to get a pic of me I actually like :lol

any and ALL CC is welcome and very much appreciated!!

www.lisabateyphotography.com

TIA

My Gear

{my flickr} F&F add me and I will add you ;)
Lisa Batey Photography all CC is welcome
  #2    Top
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Well first off, i like the introduction.

I might say have the "Enter Site" thing more obvious and maybe the quote a smaller font in italics. (you are also missing a quotation mark at the begining of the quote)

I didnt like how it opened a new window when i did enter the site. Other then that i think its coming along really well. Love the lay out and how you got it all working. Its very nice. I didnt like the quote. Thats just an opinon though.

Maybe making the tabs at the bottom bigger aswell.

Its coming along great! really enjoyed it. Apart from the song. That was doing my head in lol.
  #3    Top
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
Well first off, i like the introduction.

I might say have the "Enter Site" thing more obvious and maybe the quote a smaller font in italics. (you are also missing a quotation mark at the begining of the quote)

I didnt like how it opened a new window when i did enter the site. Other then that i think its coming along really well. Love the lay out and how you got it all working. Its very nice. I didnt like the quote. Thats just an opinon though.

Maybe making the tabs at the bottom bigger as well.

Its coming along great! really enjoyed it. Apart from the song. That was doing my head in lol.
thanks Kevin Unfortunately I can't make the "Enter" any bigger and it doesn't give me any option to change fonts or sizes on the spash page fixed the quotation mark though

If it doesn't open in a new window it won't be full screen and the pics are smaller, that is the only reason I did it that way. You think it would look better being smaller pics in the same window?

not sure if I can make the tabs bigger, I will check on that.

It also doesn't give me an option to make the tabs bigger, I guess they are "One size fits all"

don't like my song choice, huh you can always turn the music off by clicking the little speaker thing at the bottom

the pics look OK though? with the different galleries?

My Gear

Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old November 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I think your site is very NICE

I found it very easy to navigate and I actully liked all the quotes too. As far as the music...a little loud, I think using instrumental softer sound would suffice. I liked all YOUR photos too.
  #5    Top
Old November 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
music?

ha! missed that - I usually have the sound turned off . . .

. . but I have to say that I personally am not a fan of music on websites . . .

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #6    Top
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
the site is about you're photography, and the size of the pictures show that - but maybe having them smaller might help improve not only the look of the site, but even the picture with the site. if ya get me...

the music was just my personal opinion, i was only jokin lol

I think you're work is fantastic - you did a great job. i loved the first few baby shots, made me laugh :p
  #7    Top
Old November 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
the site is about you're photography, and the size of the pictures show that - but maybe having them smaller might help improve not only the look of the site, but even the picture with the site. if ya get me...

the music was just my personal opinion, i was only jokin lol

I think you're work is fantastic - you did a great job. i loved the first few baby shots, made me laugh :p

I don't even like you now, talking smack about my music!

hehe just playing that baby was only 4 days old

My Gear

#9    Top
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Trigger Happy Fella
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I really love the flash gallery thingie you've got and of course the beautiful photos in there.
  #10    Top
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Beautiful images and nice layout! Impressive.

You might also consider running it through Website Grader to get some SEO marketing insights. My basic thought is that we have two primary "customers" for our websites ... the human and the search-bot. And, after all it is the search-bot which often brings the human to our site.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > The Marketplace > Photography Sites