Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Dec PhotoWalk - Eastern Ontario Pics

Wondered around Merrickville and looked at a lot of windows decorated for Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas Windows_small 2299.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	69253  Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Windows_small.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	69254  Click image for larger version

Name:	Soup of the day_small 2318.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	69255  

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #2    Top
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Very cool, Mario. I really like the contrasting colors of the second one and the tonality of the last one. You like windows, don't you?
  #3    Top
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:33 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I think I see a theme here... Cool shots, Mario!
  #4    Top
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Tulips
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Very nice, Love the first one.
Thanks
  #5    Top
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like the first one best, the older nature of the building...the simple wreath and the hint of interior decorations is very nice.....the other two are well done also...but I like the first..........I think we do see a theme here...are windows going to be involved in a project soon...are you practicing?????????......hehehe......

I'm really glad you kept to your photo walk hope to do something this month too....it's a hard month to get people out they are so commited around the holidays but these are such a good idea I hope everyone takes note and tries to participate..........

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #6    Top
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Nicely done Sir Mario. The second is my fave with the blue. Glad to see you braved the cold.
Visit me here..Room57
  #7    Top
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Thanks everyone. My wife and I met our daughter and her husband and our grandchild there. We had a wonderful time going in and out of shops and wandering the streets. I was a little disappointed in the amount of Christmas lights on the main street. When we were there a couple of years ago, it was really decked out. This year seemed a little more subdued. But still quite festive and lots of fun.

Anyway - it was fun, not too too cold (about -8 C) and I even got some pics for the "Phone Zone" premiere project.

And... there does seem to be a theme emerging here.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #8    Top
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
too too cold (about -8 C)
Not too cold!? HA!

I would be sitting in the house at that temp!

I like the shots Mario and sorry to hear that the decorations were not what they
normally are, hopefully they are still in the process of putting more up.
  #9    Top
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
As you know Mario I share your interest in windows and doors! Love to walk around quaint towns and photograph interesting entrances. Sounds like you had a great outing with the family and got some very cool shots as well. I like your idea of capturing not just Christmas lights but daytime charm too.
Thanks for sponsoring these, I find it very interesting to see what everyone elses neck of the woods look like! Unfortunately I haven't had much time to photograph lately but really hope to be getting some free time soon to do so.
  #10    Top
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Lifelong Learner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
Not too cold!? HA!

I would be sitting in the house at that temp!

I like the shots Mario and sorry to hear that the decorations were not what they
normally are, hopefully they are still in the process of putting more up.
-8 is almost balmy in these parts during the winter! Got to get out and take advantage of those 'warmer' days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscon View Post
As you know Mario I share your interest in windows and doors! Love to walk around quaint towns and photograph interesting entrances. Sounds like you had a great outing with the family and got some very cool shots as well. I like your idea of capturing not just Christmas lights but daytime charm too.
Thanks for sponsoring these, I find it very interesting to see what everyone elses neck of the woods look like! Unfortunately I haven't had much time to photograph lately but really hope to be getting some free time soon to do so.
Thanks, Chris. Hopefully you will get a few hours to yourself and you can show us what Christmas or winter looks like in your neck of the woods.

Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks