Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 11th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
"BERTHA" has arrived...

I heard the UPS truck coming down the street and I was outside waiting!

My new 70-200 f/2.8L IS (size comparison next to a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 )

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8104.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	587.5 KB
ID:	70947

Weather is horrible to I will get some test shots tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

* I apologize to anyone named Bertha, not insinuating ALL Berthas are big *
  #2    Top
Old February 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Just a quick test... 200mm @ f/2.8...

#3    Top
Old February 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
A little soft hand held at that distance....but excited for you Big Bertha is finally yours....first piece of L glass, which I will probably never have but am so happy for you......looking forward to the trial shots and all the fantastic things you will be able to capture and share...........Best of Luck with it my Friend..........

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #4    Top
Old February 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
grats on the new lens !!
  #5    Top
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I'm extremely jealous. Feel like sharing? I mean your camera is on the fritz. It would be a shame for that beauty to just sit around and wait. And I think your focus point is spot on.
  #6    Top
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
That test shot is blurry with poor composition. You do not know how to use that lens. Send it to me so that I can have a matching set.

Besides, you're quitting photography anyway.
  #7    Top
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Congratulations Scott on the new lens...it sure does
look like a beauty.Use it in the best of health.BTW
that care package you sent me...two down one to
go. Loved them both...good stuff.
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Premiere Member
Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2006 View Post
Congratulations Scott on the new lens...it sure does
look like a beauty.Use it in the best of health.BTW
that care package you sent me...two down one to
go. Loved them both...good stuff.
Glad you've enjoyed them. I haven't had any in so long.
  #10    Top
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Premiere Member
Re: "BERTHA" has arrived...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellezfotoz View Post
Big harty congrats on BERTHA!!!!! WOOT!
Thanks Michelle.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner