Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Fall Leaf in Water
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
My redhead

Let me know what you think. She is also sporting a new haircut (though not as enthusiasticaly as her sister ) Let me know what you think. C & C always desired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6134_1_1.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	896.6 KB
ID:	71054  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6145_1_2_1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	994.6 KB
ID:	71055  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6152_3_1.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	970.1 KB
ID:	71056  

http://corwinephotos.blogspot.com/
  #2    Top
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: untitled-41
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: My redhead

She's a doll! The 2nd shot is my favorite, she looks very natural there.

Canon 60D

"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just convincing you that I'm right"
  #3    Top
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I agree the second one is the best, compositionally. She looks very natural.
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Fall Leaf in Water
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thanks guys. Any suggestions?

http://corwinephotos.blogspot.com/
  #5    Top
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter Sunset
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

She is cute. You did a great job. The focus is great. The only thing I would have changed was your ISO. You had it set at 640. If you lower it to 100 or 200 the image would have been even sharper.

Canon 7D~Canon Digital Rebel XT ~ Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ~ Tamron 28-75mm ~ Canon 50mm prime~ Sigma 17-70 ~ Canon 18-55mm ~ Canon 75-300mm

http://www.visions-imagery.com/
  #6    Top
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Mallets
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by samidget View Post
She is cute. You did a great job. The focus is great. The only thing I would have changed was your ISO. You had it set at 640. If you lower it to 100 or 200 the image would have been even sharper.
I agree with Shellie. These are great and the second one is my favorite as well.
  #7    Top
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Adorable shots.

I do agree that the shots are a little soft but I'm not sure if you had already applied any sharpening to them or not. In some instances the normal USM (Unsharp Mask) will not suffice. A great way to get an image "crisp" is to use "High Pass" sharpening and it works great with these or actually any shot. I was going to create a tutorial on how to do it but thankfully I done a search here in the resources or I would have just wasted my time. Here is a link that explains how to do it, everyone should give it a try. Hope that helps.
  #8    Top
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Tulips
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Wonderful , Love the second one.

Good luck
  #9    Top
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:08 AM

I like the second one as well. As others have said she looks far less posed, it looks more natural than the others.
  #10    Top
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Nice series. 3rd is my favourite. Nice composition and very natural looking. Only thing for me, I don't like the red fingernail appearing behind her arm.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People