Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
A Photography Corner Story

"Darn it," he said, "It's so cold here."

It was cold. Colder than the butt of a penguin in the Antarctic. But, what could he do? Barrie's always cold this time of year. Besides, with work, family, and all the annoying peons at "The Corner" he certainly couldn't take time off.

Damn peons he thought. Always with their pestering questions. And they all think they are the best photographers in the world. That very thought caused him to giggle somewhat uncontrollably. I should have called the forum "Peon Corner", he thought some more. He had to check his surroundings - were people watching him giggle? He should stop this nonsense and refocus on the important team meeting at hand. Maybe, he continued, he should just go home now and reconfigure the servers to display Peon instead of Photography. Those blundering fools with their point and shoot cameras and their overpriced megapixel behemoths. Those people don't even use manual mode.

He really needed to stop his mind from wandering. He was starting to giggle louder, and the boss was watching him again.

That night he sat at home, his lovely wife feeding him is favorite dinner. A 1.8 kilo extra rare steak, potatoes, and the obligatory 6 pack of Labatts. He was so lucky. Not everybody could get such a great serving wife, especially after "the accident". She did so much around the house without ever complaining. She was his rock. Perhaps he should take her out for....his mind started to wander again. Cold, cold Barrie. He needed out. But, where to go?

To be continued....
  #2    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: A Photography Corner Story

oooooo.......sounds like David has been thinking again.....sounds like this is a serial thought......can't wait for the next installment.......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #3    Top
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

OK David you're starting to scare me now......................
  #4    Top
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

He felt old. Why, just the other day he celebrated his birthday. Wow, he thought to himself, time flies when your alive. Work was still dragging him down. Those people, their projects, their budgets, and their petty squabbling all added up to very, very long days. Sometimes he wished he could dedicate himself full-time to the Corner, but those "photographers" don't pay well enough. Somehow they think new camera gear every year is more important.

Still, he was bored. But why? He truly enjoyed his job, and some of the old-timers at the Corner had actually turned out to be good friends. And, it was a major relief to finally find out that Spicoli was not the mad doctor he pretends to be. Giggle, he thought it would be funny if the Corner members actually found out that Spicoli collected Hello Kitty dolls. Maybe he should use that tidbit of information as leverage to get something nice. Nah....Spicoli's too nice. And so what if he collected dolls. It not as if he himself was without such vices, being a collector of Winnie-the-Pooh and figurines. But, what about all these other members of the Corner. This place was like a family to him, but he knew so little about them. Some of them could be nice folks too. Well....except that Grif guy. All he wants to do is drink beer and chase women around with his camera like he's some sort of paparazzi or something.

Maybe he should make an effort to get to know these people more. Maybe he should do more than post forum messages every few days.

Maybe he should...

To be continued
  #5    Top
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Fall Leaf in Water
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

enjoyable musings... feel free to continue them are your leisure... or boredom... whichever comes first!

http://corwinephotos.blogspot.com/
  #6    Top
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Premiere Member

Keep the story coming David. I'm intrigued.
  #7    Top
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

That awesome Cant wait for the next part!
  #8    Top
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: waterfall2

*snicker* I could sooo see Spicoli with a whole cabinet hutch full of Hello Kitty dolls....
  #9    Top
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Dr. Pain is watching you.....love it when is the next installment......hehehe.......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #10    Top
Old February 26th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Anxiously waiting and great job so far David.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner