Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Yosemite...

Hi guys,

I just got back from a 4 day trip (woohoo) to Yosemite. I made the mistake of arriving there on Memorial Day (around 12 noon). I was stuck for 2 whole hours just trying to get into the park. I don't think I have seen so many cars at one time. Jeez Louise. Anyhow below are four shots I have processed so far (I have many others that I will process and post over the weekend). Thought I would share these. Thanks for looking...

Cheers,

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #2    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Yosemite...

wow. They're all really nice. #1 is mindblowingly awesome with the vista & the colors. What lens were you using, just out of curiousity?
  #3    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedestroyer View Post
wow. They're all really nice. #1 is mindblowingly awesome with the vista & the colors. What lens were you using, just out of curiousity?

Thx Joe- I just got my Nikon 14-24/2.8 a couple of weeks ago and so have been using that for most of my shots of late. I really like that lens for the colors, contrast and sharpness.

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #4    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I've been contemplating that lens as well, and now I'm positive I'll get one sooner or later.
  #5    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Sometimes, I really don't like you Nikhil.

Gorgeous shots all. But, I agree with Joe that first one is absolutely stunning. Love the composition that you chose and the colors are amazing.
  #6    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Nice to see Yosemite images fun series. Yosemite is probably one of the most photographed National Parks in the U.S. and your photos brought back good memories.

Trying to figure out where you took the overview from, I recognize the valley landmarks but confused as where you were. I’m guessing around the Sentinel Dome area, no matter nice photo from a perspective that is not common/familiar to me.

Sadly I notice that the "Red Trees" are ever present. The extended drought has stressed them and made them vulnerable to the insect world and the devastation/diseases brought on by them. The Lodge Pole Pine in the area of our family summer cabin in Idaho have been hard hit by the Pine Bark Beetle leaving large stands of these “Red Trees”. The Salmon River side is even worse than the Wood River area where we are.

Nice to visit Yosemite again through your photographs and hopefully you never have to take trips to the park on holiday weekends again.

Jerry
  #7    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatphotos View Post
Sometimes, I really don't like you Nikhil.

Gorgeous shots all. But, I agree with Joe that first one is absolutely stunning. Love the composition that you chose and the colors are amazing.

Heh- but I like you Jenn...

Thanks for the feedback. I am really enjoying this lens and love exploring America's National Parks. This country is just so beautiful and it always amazes me when my friends, that have been living here for the longest time, have never been to Yosemite (it's a 4 hour drive from LA). Oh well!!!

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Nice to see Yosemite images fun series. Yosemite is probably one of the most photographed National Parks in the U.S. and your photos brought back good memories.

Trying to figure out where you took the overview from, I recognize the valley landmarks but confused as where you were. I’m guessing around the Sentinel Dome area, no matter nice photo from a perspective that is not common/familiar to me.

Sadly I notice that the "Red Trees" are ever present. The extended drought has stressed them and made them vulnerable to the insect world and the devastation/diseases brought on by them. The Lodge Pole Pine in the area of our family summer cabin in Idaho have been hard hit by the Pine Bark Beetle leaving large stands of these “Red Trees”. The Salmon River side is even worse than the Wood River area where we are.

Nice to visit Yosemite again through your photographs and hopefully you never have to take trips to the park on holiday weekends again.

Jerry
Hi Jerry- you are close... That was taken from Taft Point which is very close to Sentinel Dome. It's a route most people don't take as they head towards the more famous Sentinel Dome. I too had avoided Taft for the past couple of times I had been that side- this time however, I decided to go and boy, was I glad I did. What a view from there.

I meant to ask someone- is that red color supposed to be that way? I thought that they only turn that color in the fall (apologies if I sound naive- don't have much knowledge of trees etc)...

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #9    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I think that that fourth shot is my favorite. I love the different, almost fall-like colors and the composition. It's amazing. All of these are great.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #10    Top
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Senior VIP Member

Wonderland! Excellent images; great angles and compositions. Image 4 takes me there!

My albums here:
http://www.photographycorner.com/gal...0/ppuser/14501
Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art.
- Ansel Adams
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places