Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Senior Portrait

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kami and Alex shoot 068 frm copy.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	73823
  #2    Top
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Senior Portrait

I'm by no means a portrait photographer, so take this with a huge grain of salt. I like the lighting on her face, and the gorgeous smile that looks so very genuine. You did a great job getting that out of her and snapped at the perfect time to catch it.

As for the comp/crop, I would have preferred a little less of the background and a little more of her face. Normally I would have also liked to see her eyes, but the candid pose you caught seems to make the lack of eyes in the shot ok.

I'm also a little bit too distracted by the brightness on her arm. I'd be tempted to crop this one tighter, including her upper body, (stopping at the point where her long hair stops) and including just a hint of the lush green background around and above her head. But hey... what do I know.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #3    Top
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thank you for your comments, they do help me. It was a spur of the moment shot as we were walkin to the spot where we were gonna take her photos... I tend end up liking the 'un-planned' shots the best for some reason. Thank you for your help....
  #4    Top
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

There is a lot distracting from the subject in this one...

1) The blown out highlights of the leaves...

2) Subject being OOF, looks like motion blur...

3) Comp is awkward and shows to much BG and...

4) The subject's face is not lit well enough.

Here are some thing to maybe look into next time...

Try shooting more in the shade so your subject is not directly on the edge of the sun and shade barrier, hope that made sense. By placing them more in the shade, exposing for the ambient light and using a fill flash you should not have a problem with blown highlights but it will take practice. What focus type were you using and what focus point?
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People