Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:30 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Contest Corner Challenge #65: Crazy Climate

Title: Contest Corner Challenge #65: Crazy Climate

Start Date: Saturday, July 11th, 2009.

End Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2009.

Sponsor: Think Tank Photo - A group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work, and developing inventive new carrying solutions to meet their needs. Use code WS-171 to receive a free bag with every order over $50 (and part of every order goes to support the Corner as well!!!)!

Prizes: If the winner is a Premiere Member, they will receive an Urban Disguise 30 camera bag (a $130 value!). If the winner is not a Premiere Member, they will receive a Digital Holster 10 camera bag (a $45 value).

Description: There's little doubt that, due to climate change, we're experiencing some pretty crazy weather. There are not many upsides to global warming, but one of them may be the fact that we, as photographers, can photograph the beautiful effects of the usual and unusual weather patterns. For Contest Corner Challenge #65: Crazy Climate, simply take and submit a photograph depicting "weather" (lightning, tornados, rain, heat, clouds, etc).

CCC Guidelines. To read the guidelines, please visit here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Please be sure to read these guidelines carefully before submitting your photograph. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back.
  #2    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Contest Corner Challenge #65: Crazy Climate

hmmmm....

... clever concept.

My albums here:
http://www.photographycorner.com/gal...0/ppuser/14501
Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art.
- Ansel Adams
  #3    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Desert2_025
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

And I just finished a day of R/C Soaring in 130 degree temps. (108 in the shade).....

Phil
  #4    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Cranes before sunrise
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I'll probably have to sit this out- Here in Israel we have (photographic) borring blue sky from June to September, even a single cloud is rare.
The idea of the theme in general I like a lot.
  #5    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Another "cool" or "hot" idea, Tim! LOL

Can't wait to see weather from all over the world!
  #6    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Write the man ONE e-mail and mention how weird the weather is this summer and he turns it into an entire contest............hum......becareful what you write.......hehehe........sounds like fun if the weather holds and stays weird a bit longer...hehehe......this should be very interesting.....and very diverse.......from a study in Blue to Tornados..........wow!

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #7    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

The storm season is over where Shutterbug lives? Right?

Good contest idea as always sir - thinking hat time . . .

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #8    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42 View Post

Andy
LOL!! I always look forward to his expert eye while chasing lightening!! This should produce many beautiful and interesting photos!

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
The Corner Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaplig View Post
I'll probably have to sit this out- Here in Israel we have (photographic) borring blue sky from June to September, even a single cloud is rare.
The idea of the theme in general I like a lot.
I was picturing a photo of "heat" from you... you've got the beautiful Golan Heights as your backdrop, too... I bet you can capture "heat" somewhere up in those mountains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaluG View Post
Write the man ONE e-mail and mention how weird the weather is this summer and he turns it into an entire contest............hum......becareful what you write.......hehehe........sounds like fun if the weather holds and stays weird a bit longer...hehehe......this should be very interesting.....and very diverse.......from a study in Blue to Tornados..........wow!
You know what, it was totally your email that gave me the idea, I think... at least sub consciously! lol
  #10    Top
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof42 View Post

Andy

Yes! It is over! Looks like I've got to go up to Kansas.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner