Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Blowin Tiny Bubbles - Macro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaharris1001 View Post
ya I was wondering about the views too!! it was on a tweet ??? someone copied and sent out my images huh? hmmm ,,,,
Thanks for looking and commenting !!
Tim and the mods have started a "Photo Spotlight:" for certain images that should I say, are awesome! When we come across those images we post the link so Tim can add a link to it on Twitter with a brief description of the photo/s and who the photographer is. So being nominated for a "Photo Spotlight" is a good thing and your images are not downloaded, only a link to the thread is posted.
  #22    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Thanks for the explanation Scott,, I was unaware of the "spotlight" deal, I appreciate you explaining that
Jim
  #23    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Your welcome Jim.
  #24    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

Jim,
I have that lens as well but I am yet to really put it to the test. Are you using a ring flash for these? They really are fantastic.
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro
Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon Speedlight SB-600
  #25    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdg View Post
Jim,
I have that lens as well but I am yet to really put it to the test. Are you using a ring flash for these? They really are fantastic.
Thanks Scott,, its a really good lens, the optics are really great as you can see, I dont use a ring flash, I just have a Canon 430ex off camera mounted on a Novoflex flash bracket then diffuse the light with a Omniquest softbox, here is a pic of my macro rig, no extention tubes used on these shots either and VERY little if any cropping was done,

#26    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Elite Member

Thanks for the info. What was your backdrop for this or did you replace it in Photoshop?
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro
Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon Speedlight SB-600
  #27    Top
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdg View Post
Thanks for the info. What was your backdrop for this or did you replace it in Photoshop?
This was an all natural backdrop, this shot was taken in the woods basically and nothing at all was done in photoshop to the backdrop here, just the surrounding trees, it was relatively dark back there so flash was absolutely necessary here.
  #28    Top
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Cranes before sunrise
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Wow, those macros are stunning. I like the second one with the green background especially.
  #29    Top
Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Parakeets
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

That was stunning. I voted for it. Can I get the EXIF please?
  #30    Top
Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM

Wow these are REALLLLLy good shots!!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things