Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Basic Landscape Photography

#2    Top
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Basic Landscape Photography

Thanks for the article Rocky, very well written and looking forward to the other ones.
  #3    Top
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:22 AM

Really a very Nice photography I see today and I have to say that an artist can only do this, This photography need time and traveling,..to capture and most thing is best quality camera.
  #4    Top
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Texture rocks
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Enjoyed the article. Very well written with examples given and explained. Thatks for the tips.

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

Good place to start if you're new to manual

Go Premiere!!!
  #5    Top
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Hi Rocky,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to help your fellow photographers.

For me, it's always good to have information reinforced. I can miss pieces the 1st few times through it.
  #6    Top
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Lifer
Recent Photo: Orana Bay
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thanks Rocky, some good tips to try there. Who knew there was a maths lesson waiting for us in lens selection!
* Focus on what is important
* Capture the good times
* Develop from the negatives
...and if things don't turn out...just take another shot!

Last edited by TenX; December 24th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
  #7    Top
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Marsh Hunter
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Outstanding article!

One thing I would add is to look for a photograph within a photograph.

Quite often I find that the "better image" is actually a crop of my original image.

I usually like to start off by expanding my image to 100%, then move the image around on the screen. From there, I'll zoom out to around 75 Percent, and on until I finally have the whole image in view. This is a great way to find hidden crops that you may have missed otherwise.

I would estimate that around 80% of my images result in a creative crop of some sort.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt. 16:26)
LowcountryPhotography.net
My Flickr Page
http://scott-hansen.artistwebsites.com/

Scott C. Hansen
  #8    Top
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug99 View Post
Outstanding article!

One thing I would add is to look for a photograph within a photograph.

Quite often I find that the "better image" is actually a crop of my original image.

I usually like to start off by expanding my image to 100%, then move the image around on the screen. From there, I'll zoom out to around 75 Percent, and on until I finally have the whole image in view. This is a great way to find hidden crops that you may have missed otherwise.

I would estimate that around 80% of my images result in a creative crop of some sort.
thanks... i find myself doing the same thing, only i do it in the viewfinder, before i take the shot. i'll often take several images of the same scene - or parts of it - at different focal lengths. i try to avoid cropping too much in PP, as i like to preserve as much resolution as i can for large prints...

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #9    Top
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Great article, Rocky!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM

Just read your article. Very helpful. I'm new to photography and love landscape photos, so I'm trying to learn how to take great pictures. Thanks, for taking the time to write.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles