Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Re: Off camera lighting, post your shots!

Thanks Scott111184 . It really is amazing at what a little fine editing can do. Sometimes it is very difficult to see. Other times you can pick it out right away. Personally , I feel that if to much editing is done, the picture is no longer what it was at that very point in time. Just my thought.
Very nice pic by the way.
  #12    Top
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Thanks Scott111184 . It really is amazing at what a little fine editing can do. Sometimes it is very difficult to see. Other times you can pick it out right away. Personally , I feel that if to much editing is done, the picture is no longer what it was at that very point in time. Just my thought.
Very nice pic by the way.
Thanks and you're right Johnny, too much can break a photo sometimes. That's why I try not to do much PP'ing, would rather get the best results sooc.
  #13    Top
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

#14    Top
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Junior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post

just a question. where is the second umbrella hiding at from behind?
  #15    Top
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The People's Champion View Post
just a question. where is the second umbrella hiding at from behind?
Behind the wall to my right, her left. I actually had to clone out the legs.
  #16    Top
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Junior VIP Member

are they on just as a continuous light or are you actually flashing them? If you're flashing both how are you controlling one so far away? Dumb questions I know.
  #17    Top
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The People's Champion View Post
are they on just as a continuous light or are you actually flashing them? If you're flashing both how are you controlling one so far away? Dumb questions I know.
They are flashing and there are no dumb questions. I use the cheap eBay wireless triggers, a transmitter attaches to the hotshoe on the camera and the receivers to the flash. I have been able to trigger my flashes at 75+ feet easily with no misfires.

I'm about to post another shot I just done and the set up, you'll see what the trigger and receiver looks like then.
  #18    Top
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Junior VIP Member

if you read this : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nel_Flash.html

would you think that would be good to use for someone like me that has to bring studio lights with him?
Sponsors
  #19    Top
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Premiere Member

EXIF: 1/200th | f/32 | ISO 100

Set-up...

1. 30D and Tamron 28-75mm
2. Snooted 580EX at 1/4th power
3. 430EX at 1/16th power to light the stem
4. Medicine cup to drop the water

Very little PP'ing; contrast, saturation and sharpened.
  #20    Top
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

OMGosh, Scott, this is too cool!! I am so terrible with water shots...how many shots fired did it take you to get that drop in mid-air? Now I have to try some of my own, thanks for inspiring me again!

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101