Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Death Valley Panorama

Great colours and detail, nicely done!
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
  #12    Top
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2006 View Post
Wonderfully done..what software did you use to achieve this effect..Just beautiful.
Hey Marty,

How have you been? Hope things are well.

This pano is an HDR one (albeit very minor HDR as I only used a strength of 55 in photomatix). 14 frames, 5 shots per frame for a total of 70 shots. I first created 14 HDR shots using photomatix and then stitched them together in PTGui. The resultant tiff file was then sharpened in Capture NX2 and saved as a jpeg.

The original file looks great, but while downsizing it for the web, I seem to have over sharpened the image. I am not very sure about the workflow required to downsize and then sharpen for the web. I will need to work on this over this weekend to get a good output for the web.

Take care,

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
Sponsors
  #13    Top
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:25 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Nicely done
  #14    Top
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

wow man thats fantastic, great shot!
  #15    Top
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

stunning.
  #16    Top
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: showy ibis
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Great work! The detail and lighting is perfect.
  #17    Top
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:02 PM

wow! awesome. nuf said

Canon Rebel XSi
  #18    Top
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Thanks for all the comments guys. Appreciate them.

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #19    Top
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Golgatha

Breathtaking! Looks a little like a view from another planet. Great!

Homepage: http://www.photo-lightbrush.de
Photoblog: http://www.lightbrush-diaries.de
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places