Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Toronto By Night
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Toronto by Day

Here is a pan of T.O. I took today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0166pan_crop2small.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	4426  
  #2    Top
Old May 30th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Elite Member
very nice shot. what kind of camera & lens did you use?

snapshot
  #3    Top
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Nice job of the pana however the image is lacking contrast making it dull and lifeless - easily fixed.
  #5    Top
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Nice job of the pana however the image is lacking contrast making it dull and lifeless
Ditto

Quote:
- easily fixed
not for me... LOL, I'm not good with post-processing..LOL
  #6    Top
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:52 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Nice pano shot. I really like the skyline.

"The photograph is completely abstracted from life, yet it looks like life. That is what has always excited me about photography."
Richard Kalvar

"Life is about what you learn after you know it all."
  #7    Top
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I like htis skyline, The picture is dull as pointed out earlier too.

Can you tell me the location from where you took this shot?
Thanks
  #8    Top
Old June 3rd, 2005, 02:57 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I took this shot from the Island ferry on the way back to the terminal at near Westin Harbor Castle (in Toronto).

I used my Nikon D70 with 18-70mm lens. Im also not too good with post processing, so Im not sure how to add 'life' to the shot. Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.
  #9    Top
Old June 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Levels and curves would primarily do to add life
  #10    Top
Old June 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Premiere Member
sinha

Thanks for the tips on levels and curves. Ive never used the levels feature in PS before, so i never really knew what it did. Tried it out with this shot, and adjusted curves too. Hope this works better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0166pan_cropsm.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	4554  
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places