Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should be crowned the May 2010 Photograph of the Month?
Cut Crystal Shadow (Premiere Project #74 Winner) by jerrywb 0 0%
Anza-Borrego State Park by shniks 1 1.41%
Horsey Windpump (HDR) by Oneof42 13 18.31%
Pure Beauty by Scott W 18 25.35%
I {Heart} You by Misty Dawn 8 11.27%
San Antonio Zoo by Scott111184 0 0%
Horses and the Avenue of Oaks on a Foggy Morning by shutterbug99 6 8.45%
High Key Love by tamara 3 4.23%
Work by FlyingSig 7 9.86%
Irish Pub (Premiere Project #75 Winner) by ohenry 0 0%
The Place Where Trees Stand in the Water by VitaminB 4 5.63%
Tso Moriri by soumen 4 5.63%
Poppies by shniks 2 2.82%
Playful by Tuna 3 4.23%
Howarth Creek by squirl033 2 2.82%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:57 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the May 2010 Photograph of the Month

The photographs this month were nominated, as always, by the Premiere Members and narrowed down by me. There are also 2 photographs from the Premiere Projects that automatically received a place in the voting this month as well (see the Premiere Projects blog post for more details). Congratulations to Nikhil (aka shniks) for having 2 photographs up for the prize (and what a prize it is) this month!

Voting Ends: approximately 2:00am EST on Saturday, May 1st, 2010 (6:00am GMT).

Sponsor: Tamron - a leading manufacturer of photographic lenses. Among its many optical and mechanical innovations since the founding of the company in 1950, Tamron's development of mass-produced hybrid aspherical elements paved the way for today’s compact high ratio zoom lenses when, in 1992, this technology was incorporated into the groundbreaking 28-200mm. Tamron continues to lead in this category with the award-winning 18-270mm — featuring an unprecedented 15X zoom range - and featuring Tamron's proprietary Vibration Compensation (VC) system. Tamron has garnered international acclaim for its high ratio zoom lenses.

Prizes: If the winner is a Premiere Member, they will receive a SP AF60mm F2 Di II LD (IF) 1:1 Macro Lens (a $569 value!! - pick one up for yourself today!). If the winner is not a Premiere Member, they will receive a Lifetime, Level 2 Premiere Membership.

Gallery: May 2010 Photograph of the Month Gallery

#2    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Marsh Hunter
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Vote for the May 2010 Photograph of the Month

The quality of these images are amazing. This is going to be a tough one.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt. 16:26)
LowcountryPhotography.net
My Flickr Page
http://scott-hansen.artistwebsites.com/

Scott C. Hansen
  #3    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

OMG, I am going to have come back for this one!! ((biting nails - doesn't know which one to choose because they're all sooo good))
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Mallets
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I completely agree. My voting style is a little different. I choose the one that grabs me right away. My vote is in! Good luck, there are some great shots! Nice to see some new members being featured here! Excellent work!
  #5    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug99 View Post
The quality of these images are amazing. This is going to be a tough one.
I agree! I've visited twice and I'm going to have to come back again. Some quality images in a diversity of visionary styles.
  #6    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Suspension
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

There are so many amazing and talented photographers here - each month is a line-up of outstanding images!

Portfolio
Website
Facebook
Flickr
Blog
Twitter
  #7    Top
Old April 24th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Marsh Hunter
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

OK, My vote is in.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt. 16:26)
LowcountryPhotography.net
My Flickr Page
http://scott-hansen.artistwebsites.com/

Scott C. Hansen
  #8    Top
Old April 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Got my vote in....though I could have easily voted for several!!!
  #9    Top
Old April 26th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Recent Photo: Ipsy Wipsy Spider

It was not easy to chose one out of this buch but still I made my decision, good luck to all.
  #10    Top
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

congrats to all of you ,, good luck,, and LOOK AT THAT PRIZE !!!! WOW !!! a macro lens !! Good luck !! Voted, tough choice though !!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month