Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Premiere Member
Re: The July 2010 Photograph of the Month Is...

Great capture and a great prize!
Websites: http://www.petelanglois.net & http://www.londonderrynh.net/author/pete-langlois
Sponsors
  #22    Top
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Perception
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

congrats awesome shot.

MY FACEBOOK
  #23    Top
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Lifer
Recent Photo: Orana Bay
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Great action capture - congrats on your PotM!
* Focus on what is important
* Capture the good times
* Develop from the negatives
...and if things don't turn out...just take another shot!
  #24    Top
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thought I had already posted... guess not.
Anyway - congrats on your PotM win! Wonderful action shot

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #25    Top
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hah no worries, thanks to everyone!
  #26    Top
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Account Disabled

thank you for choosing a species ECLUSIVELY NOCTURNAL.
At least we know it is a beautiful assembly and not a photgrapher.
It's very nice and surprising! But not a "photographer" ;-
  #27    Top
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thanks? I think ?

You're incorrect though, they are not exclusively nocturnal, maybe in Europe but I can't speak to that. Mostly yes, exclusively no.
  #28    Top
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

I'll just leave you a comment I made to someone else for another installation of this type.
I have a scientific and there are pictures where I do not work.

But: make beautiful images as do designers and graphic artists on a photographic base, really hard and congratulations!

My reading of the image for me especially the eyes of a nocturnal animal caught by the day are absolutely not so, my training is to note these "details". But if this is someone dreaming bravo! Graphically it is very successful.

Today photography and computer graphics can be confused, it's very interesting sometimes.
If that bothers you doubt whether a photograph (I do not see why? Cele not mind me) you can always show your file before editing Raw

Loic
  #29    Top
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Premiere Member

Not wanting to go down a rat hole of what you know and what you don't (and what a simple google search can also prove), but I can assure you a GHO in dawn and dusk is very common, not to mention in breeding season. I'll not post a RAW image of something I sell. I've dumped it to a full size jpg will all EXIF attached, I'd gladly post it here but the size limit is way over what the forum will allow. Give me an email address and I'll happily send.

Of course I cleaned up the background on the final copy, the sharpening increased, colours corrected, eyes brightened etc.

Here is an allowable file size shot, I'd gladly send you the full rez.

If you question my credibility on this shot, you probably should have sent me a private message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GHOIncomng-mid.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	778.0 KB
ID:	80370  
  #30    Top
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

Hello

I am always amazed by the animal's eyes. This does not correspond to what I know of nocturnal birds.
For situation in the wild is particularly rare to see when darkness disappeared. Is it a bird upright, with livestock, used to fly even in conditions of day?

I do no harm to those who do good editing or computer graphics. It seems that you make really photography at the way I understand it - there are graphic artists who call themselves "photographers" and he may have right about one aspect is that the rendering of artificial images can be confused with a real image on a digital medium. What I see looks like a photograph, but why eyes are they doing?

I frequent this site and the other for my visual curiosity, it is not aware that someone offers to show the original before editing. Bravo!
I am a photographer second activity I am first and foremost a scientist, and I use the silver film, I come on this site to see digital images, I can speak very bad Photoshop, but the tool is interesting, especially for rendering on screen in hard copy I prefer the silver, even if the results are getting close (the pixels are too regular compared to film).
It's nice to offer me to receive by mail the original, I send a message.

In any case you do not feel attacked, I exercise my critical faculties that's all, but I think the graphic result, it was a fitting or a photograph is visually amazing and successful - and it's nice to offer to see the original!

... how is it that the animal has the head as well???
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month