Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#31    Top
Old August 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Toronto area meetup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
Since it looks like you and I are the ones responding here, I designate you as Boss2.

I like the idea of meeting at the Distillery area, so let's use that as our starting point. It gives us something to shoot while we wait for people to catch up. It's also a good place to end if any of the members that meet us later haven't shot there.

Now all we need to know is all the members that are in. I'm loving it!

Dang....a promotion. Do I get to hire and fire members for not showing up?
O.k...lets meet at the Distillery. I just need to hear from Jewely, as to what time she can meet me, then we can determine a time. I may have found two more from another forum that might be able to join us, but they are just checking into schedules, and will let me know. I think the best bet, is if everyone lets us know for sure if they are coming, we can share cell phone numbers, and if they can not make it, they can join in whenever. That way there is no pressure to be there on time.
Visit me here..Room57
  #32    Top
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Dang....a promotion. Do I get to hire and fire members for not showing up?
O.k...lets meet at the Distillery. I just need to hear from Jewely, as to what time she can meet me, then we can determine a time. I may have found two more from another forum that might be able to join us, but they are just checking into schedules, and will let me know. I think the best bet, is if everyone lets us know for sure if they are coming, we can share cell phone numbers, and if they can not make it, they can join in whenever. That way there is no pressure to be there on time.
Super - sounds like a plan. And bring those other forum members out so we can educate them with respect to forum choosing.

I'm actually going to be at the Distillery area on Sunday for an engagement party (quick drive in and out from Ottawa) so I'll check on the time limits for parking there.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #33    Top
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Super - sounds like a plan. And bring those other forum members out so we can educate them with respect to forum choosing.

I'm actually going to be at the Distillery area on Sunday for an engagement party (quick drive in and out from Ottawa) so I'll check on the time limits for parking there.
Cool.
Havent heard from Jewely yet. I think the threat of a subway ride sceered her.
Dont tell anyone.......but I sometimes just keep an old parking stub in my car, and use that. Shhhhhh.....
Lets hope Mother Nature plays nice too.
Visit me here..Room57
  #34    Top
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:49 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

10:30am... EARLY... lol. Anyone found anything about parking yet?
  #35    Top
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
10:30am... EARLY... lol. Anyone found anything about parking yet?
I was at the Distillery yesterday for an engagement party. You can park right there, all day, for $10. And it's a short walk there to the St. Lawrence Market area for the buskerfest. And also very close to downtown, HarbourFront, etc.

If 10:30 is a tad too early for you, you can confirm you're coming and everyone that's showing up can exchange some cell phone numbers via PM so that we can find each other as people arrive. We'll be shooting for a while, so whatever time you can make it is good.

Let's hear from everyone that's coming for sure...

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
Sponsors
  #36    Top
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I was at the Distillery yesterday for an engagement party. You can park right there, all day, for $10. And it's a short walk there to the St. Lawrence Market area for the buskerfest. And also very close to downtown, HarbourFront, etc.

If 10:30 is a tad too early for you, you can confirm you're coming and everyone that's showing up can exchange some cell phone numbers via PM so that we can find each other as people arrive. We'll be shooting for a while, so whatever time you can make it is good.

Let's hear from everyone that's coming for sure...

Im coming for sure. I can be there at 10:30, but still have not heard from Jewely about the meet up time.
There is parking right at the Distillery, and another just across the road to the west. If I knew how to embed the map.....
Visit me here..Room57
  #37    Top
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I may have a problem. I will know by Wed if I can make it or not. If I am going I can be there any time you need me to be carl. I can meet you for 9:30ish if that works, if not lemme know k, and I will keep ya posted.

Jewely
  #38    Top
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
I may have a problem. I will know by Wed if I can make it or not. If I am going I can be there any time you need me to be carl. I can meet you for 9:30ish if that works, if not lemme know k, and I will keep ya posted.

Jewely
9:30 is o.k with me. Sure hope you can still trek down.
Visit me here..Room57
  #39    Top
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Can someone post a link to where that parking lot is?
  #40    Top
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Lifelong Learner

try this link for a larger pdf map of the Distillery District. The parking lot i referred to in my ealrier post is off Parliament St. There is a huge art work between the building labelled as [3] and [60]. We can meet there if people are there for 10:30. Otherwise, people can phone and meet-up. When we get an idea of who is coming and what they are doing, then we can PM cell phone numbers. There is also an indoor parking area off Mill St, but I don't know what the rates there are.

this link will take you to the Distillery District site which has info and maps on how to get there for anyone that is not sure about where in Toronto this is.

Last edited by Nikon_Mario; August 24th, 2010 at 06:20 PM.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks