Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Contest Corner Challenge #78: Strength in Numbers

Title: Contest Corner Challenge #78: Strength in Numbers

Start Date: Saturday, September 11th, 2010.

End Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2010.

Sponsor: Cameta Camera is a real "brick-and-mortar" full-service camera store and photographic equipment retailer that has been in business on Long Island for over 25 years. Their retail store is located in the heart of the town of Amityville, New York, where they have become a long-standing fixture in the community. This month their featured items are Camera Armor. They have them for virtually every kind of camera & are pretty much giving them away.

Prizes: If the winner is a Premiere Member, they will receive a Lowepro Fastpack 100 Digital SLR Camera Backpack Case (Red) with Reader + Cleaning Kit + LCD Protectors + Accessory Kit. If the winner is not a Premiere Member, they will receive a Digital Concepts TR-62N 62" Photo/Video Tripod with Quick-Release & Case.

Description: You've got two options for this contest. You can either literally photograph numbers (house numbers, phone numbers, street numbers, bus numbers, etc), or you can take a photograph of "a number" of something - just make it obvious that the photo is all about the number of "X" in the photo (a huge pile of bricks, a crowd of people, traffic jam, 10,000 toothpicks, etc).

CCC Guidelines. To read the guidelines, please visit here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Please be sure to read these guidelines carefully before submitting your photograph. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back.
  #2    Top
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Contest Corner Challenge #78: Strength in Numbers

Cool. I'm going to try to get one in this time around.
  #3    Top
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Double Bubble
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Neat idea Tim.
  #4    Top
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Now I just have to try and avoid anything with the number 42 . . .

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #5    Top
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:04 AM

Hmmm this requires some thinking to come up with a creative image.
Great idea Tim.
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I like it. A nice echo of the multiple project theme going on over on the premiere side of the house... slightly different spin.
  #7    Top
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Mad Dawg
Recent Photo: GBH
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Very nice going to have to work up an entry also.
  #8    Top
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Cameta Camera!! One of my favorite shops. Tell "Ed D" Hi for me!

I just may have a photo for this too.
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #9    Top
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Another good idea Tim...

My Flickr

Save A Dolphin
  #10    Top
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:58 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photologic Images View Post
I like it. A nice echo of the multiple project theme going on over on the premiere side of the house... slightly different spin.
It's funny... I knew about the project, but it didn't sink in that the ideas were similar until afterwards... A little unexpected bonus to the Premiere Members, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
Cameta Camera!! One of my favorite shops. Tell "Ed D" Hi for me!

I just may have a photo for this too.
Hehe... cool. The people I've dealt with at Cameta Camera so far have been great. Hopefully this sponsorship is the beginning of more sponsorships from them... Better get lots of entries in...