Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Compact Cameras (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:28 AM
Re: Best Point and Shoot?

I use Canon Powershot S100. Digital Camera User Manual PDF Download
  #12    Top
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:31 PM
Elite Member

Best and P&S mentioned in the same sentence? This must be an oxymoron.

lrp
  #13    Top
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:47 AM

I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC FX 150 as soon as it came out and it takes some great pictures + hd movies. Drawbacks are: 3x optical zoom and no other way to see what you are taking other than the rear screen, which is a pain in bright light. I know covers are available but I haven't bought one.
The camera isn't as slim as some but it does have 14 megapixels, various user modes and a decent number of pre-defined modes.

The camera was taken off the market soon after release. I have no idea why as I have said, it does take great pictures.
  #14    Top
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I'm looking to buy a point and shoot and recently came across the Canon S95 online (although sold out everywhere!). Would you say that's one of the best point and shoot cameras for traveling/vacation photos, ebay photos etc? Sub $500 and pocketable.

Any others to consider?

Thanks
hi...maybe try to consider the Sony SLT -A77VK which i have right now.. it's high resolution 24.3 MP CMOS sensor assures detail-packed pictures with excellent contrast.It capture fleeting action with a continuous burst of full-resolution image.i can also capture smooth, detailed full HD videos with accurate phase-detection autofocus of moving objects...or if you want try to browse some online websites that offers various camera like what i always do when i want to buy a new one..
Sponsors
  #15    Top
Old July 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Magjic_Caverns
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

The best point and shoot I can think of is the Ruger SR40c...
Bill H.
  #16    Top
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I would just like to point out that this thread was started in Sept. 2010 - nearly two years ago. I'm sure the original poster is no longer interested in our thoughts about the S95.

I suggest that anybody with comments or questions related to current model cameras would be better served to start a new thread.

Good luck,
Richard