Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Corner Photowalk San Diego June 11th 2011

Hi all,

Looking for a photo walk on June 11th we'll come on down to San Diego. I am still looking at locations but have several in mind:

Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island. A very classy hotel where such film like "Some Like it Hot" were filmed.

Gaslamp Quarter Downtown San Diego. Historic District

Old Town San Diego Historic District

Another possibility would be to meet with a local camera club SDDSLR on their groupshoot which is always the second Saturday of the month. The group always has a great time and great locations.

If anyone else has ideas lets throw them out. Tenatively planning on a morning shoot though I am definitely open to evening shoots as well.

More details will follow

Clark
  #2    Top
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Corner Photowalk San Diego June 11th 2011

Clark,
June 11 is a good day for me. I'll come down the night before so I won't have to make that 4 hour drive the morning of. Looking forward to this! (hope my hubby decides to come)

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #3    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I am leaning heavily towards a gaslamp quarter shoot. There are lots of restaurants for lunch, several blocks of areato shoot. It is also close to the harbor area which fetures the midway museum and the maritime museum which provides acces to a wwII carrier, russian sub and the USS Dolphin a diesel electric sub. The Star of India and other tall wooden ships.

For the Russian sub, the hatch ways are very very narrow.

The harbor also offer wonderful sunset views, weather permitting.
  #4    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hi, My wife and I are all for this! Even if we have to drive 35 miles to get there! . The gaslamp area is nice along with Seaport Village and the waterfront is within walking distance too. Fish and Chips at Anthony's is a fav lunch spot.
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

mmmm Fish n Chips sound amazing! Thanks Orv! Looking forward to this Now we just need to get Manny and Paul interested too.

#6    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:18 AM

I'd be interested as well, just a short 30 minute drive, and it would be fun to meet some forum folks in person. I'll mark the date, keep us updated on plans!

Paul
  #7    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Thats 4 plus any joining spouses which means a lot of fun for all. I am still examining the parking/transportation question for downtown.

Street parking is usually not available and the lots charge your first born and a leg. ($15-20 for the day).

Within the San Diego we have a small rail system (trolley) which offers large parking areas in some locations just outside the city and an all day pass is just $5. Its how I usually commute to the city for anything downtown.

For those coming from the North...I would use the Old Town Trolley station. Hop on and its a short ride to where I am expecting to set up the meeting.

For those coming from the East, I am parking at the Spring St Station in La Mesa. I have used this lot over the past several years to commute to comicon San Diego and have not had any problems. It a bit of a ride to downtown but works quite well.

Both these lots are free parking....Anyone is welcome to pay the high rates of the downtown lots...
  #8    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

We usually park at Seaport Village (pay) then hike, but it depends where you want to meet up at. This sounds like a fun day! Now if I can only get my wife to carry the camera backpack..............
  #9    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM

I will have to get a hotel somewhere. Any suggestions? My hubby will be joining me...or rather dragged along for this

Thanks Clark. Keep us posted on where we're meeting and if you have any good suggestions for a hotel. 100.00 a nite MAX.

#10    Top
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM

I was thinking near the trolley stop at the convention center. Its just a brief walk to the big sign to the gaslamp.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks