Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Year

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph deserves to be crowned the 2010 Premiere Project Photo of the Year?
Premiere Project #69: Celebration - NoiseNaker Bouquet by chellezfotoz 2 1.12%
Premiere Project #70: Classical Still Life - Still Life by Tj_Delikat 4 2.25%
Premiere Project #71: Soulful Eye - Self Portrait by jerrywb 6 3.37%
Premiere Project #72: Motion - Motion01 by Tyger 3 1.69%
Premiere Project #73: Flora - Sunrise by tamara 6 3.37%
Premiere Project #74: Shadows - Cut Crystal Shadow by jerrywb 3 1.69%
Premiere Project #75: Archi-Personality - Irish Pub by ohenry 0 0%
Premiere Project #76: Night - Night in Port by cup4tml 7 3.93%
Premiere Project #77: Light Times One - On the Inside Looking Out by TenX 0 0%
Premiere Project #78: Mother - Seventh Day by EyeWrite 4 2.25%
Premiere Project #79: Misplaced - Hiding by TenX 0 0%
Premiere Project #80: It's Beautiful - Strutting His Beauty by Tj_Delikat 7 3.93%
Premiere Project #81: Trees - Abstraction by chellezfotoz 9 5.06%
Premiere Project #82: Shop Windows & Displays - Vintage by EyeWrite 0 0%
Premiere Project #83: My Favorite Subject - Watkin's Glen by VitaminB 24 13.48%
Premiere Project #84: This is Me - This is Me... by Scott111184 6 3.37%
Premiere Project #85: Animals - So Close by Vince Maidens 15 8.43%
Premiere Project #86: The Landscape - Align by Spicoli 8 4.49%
Premiere Project #87: Multiples - 4 in One by cup4tml 27 15.17%
Premiere Project #88: Colorful - Color.zip by tamara 21 11.80%
Premiere Project #89: Shallow Focus - Creeper by chellezfotoz 6 3.37%
Premiere Project #90: Twisted Slogans - "Can You Hear Me Now?" by Nikon_Mario 6 3.37%
Premiere Project #91: War & Peace - Gone, But Not Forgotten... by Hawk 1 0.56%
Premiere Project #92: Low Key - Chiaroscuro Effect - La Famiglia by Priceless Images 4 2.25%
Premiere Project #93: A Splash of Color - Orange You Glad? by aheart2heart 9 5.06%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the 2010 Premiere Project Photograph of the Year

Premiere Projects are theme based, and with each project, Premiere Members have the opportunity to challenge themselves to grow as photographers. Each projects outlines a topic for the members to photograph. The photos are then submitted for discussion/critiquing/reactions. At the end of the project period (there's a new project every couple of weeks), a vote is held to determine which photo best represents the theme while maintaining high photographic quality.

This week, we take a look at the Premiere Project winning photographs from the past year, and the community will vote for their favorites. Originally the vote was only going to be amoung Premiere Members in the Premiere Corner, but the Premiere Members wanted to open voting up to the community at large in attempts to encourage non Premiere Members to support the Corner and become Premiere Members themselves. To that end, the HALF PRICE Premiere Membership sale will continue through to the end of the voting for this contest. Learn about Premiere Membership here, and sign up to become a Premiere Member for HALF PRICE here.

Voting Ends: approximately 5:00pm EST on Monday, January 10th, 2010 (10:00pm GMT).

Sponsor: Think Tank Photo - Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work, and developing inventive new carrying solutions to meet their needs. By focusing on "speed" and "accessibility," they prepare photographers to Be Ready "Before The Moment," allowing them to capture those historic moments that reflect their personal visions and artistic talents. For some companies, it is only about the product. For them, it is more: It is about supporting photographers doing their job. If Think Tank can design products that help photographers travel easier, take pictures faster, and organize their gear more efficiently, then they will have accomplished something beyond the bags themselves. As a special offer to members of PhotographerCorner, when you order $50 or more of Think Tank gear through this link, at checkout you will be able to select a product to receive for free!

Prizes: The winner will receive a Think Tank Photo Airport AddictedŽ V2.0 camera back pack (Valued at $329)!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pp69---NoiseMaker-Bouquet---chellezfotoz.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	553.7 KB
ID:	82635
Premiere Project #69: Celebration - NoiseNaker Bouquet by chellezfotoz

Name:	pp70---Still-Life---Tj_Delikat.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	82636
Premiere Project #70: Classical Still Life - Still Life by Tj_Delikat

Name:	pp71---Self-Portrait---jerrywb.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	82637
Premiere Project #71: Soulful Eye - Self Portrait by jerrywb

Name:	pp72---Motion01---Tyger.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	82638
Premiere Project #72: Motion - Motion01 by Tyger

Name:	pp73---Sunrise---tamara.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	555.4 KB
ID:	82639
Premiere Project #73: Flora - Sunrise by tamara

Name:	pp74---Cut-Crystal-Shadow---jerrwb.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	82640
Premiere Project #74: Shadows - Cut Crystal Shadow by jerrywb

Name:	pp75---Irish-Pub---ohenry.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	514.8 KB
ID:	82641
Premiere Project #75: Archi-Personality - Irish Pub by ohenry

Name:	pp76---Night-in-Port---cup4tml.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	82642
Premiere Project #76: Night - Night in Port by cup4tml

Name:	pp77---On-the-Inside-Looking-Out---TenX.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	82643
Premiere Project #77: Light Times One - On the Inside Looking Out by TenX

Name:	pp78---Seventh-Day---EyeWrite.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	82644
Premiere Project #78: Mother - Seventh Day by EyeWrite

Name:	pp79---Hiding---TenX.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	82645
Premiere Project #79: Misplaced - Hiding by TenX

Name:	pp80---Strutting-His-Beauty---Tj_Delikat.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	82646
Premiere Project #80: It's Beautiful - Strutting His Beauty by Tj_Delikat

Name:	pp81---Abstraction---chellezfotoz.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	542.6 KB
ID:	82647
Premiere Project #81: Trees - Abstraction by chellezfotoz

Name:	pp82---Vintage---EyeWrite.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	412.1 KB
ID:	82648
Premiere Project #82: Shop Windows & Displays - Vintage by EyeWrite

Name:	pp83---Watkin-s-Glen---VitaminB.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	82649
Premiere Project #83: My Favorite Subject - Watkin's Glen by VitaminB

Name:	pp84---This-is-Me-dot-dot-dot-A-Rebel-Looking-for-a-Way-Out-exclamation---Scott111184.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	82650
Premiere Project #84: This is Me - This is Me... A Loner, A Rebel Looking for a Way Out! by Scott111184

Name:	pp85---So-Close---Animals.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	82651
Premiere Project #85: Animals - So Close by Vince Maidens

Name:	pp86---Align---Spicoli.jpg
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	82652
Premiere Project #86: The Landscape - Align by Spicoli

Name:	pp87---4-in-One---cup4tml.jpg
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	82653
Premiere Project #87: Multiples - 4 in One by cup4tml

Name:	pp88---Colour-dot-zip---tamara.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	82654
Premiere Project #88: Colorful - Color.zip by tamara

Name:	pp89---Creeper---chellezfotoz.jpg
Size:	430.0 KB
ID:	82655
Premiere Project #89: Shallow Focus - Creeper by chellezfotoz

Name:	pp90---Can-You-Hear-Me-Now-questionmark---Nikon_Mario.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	82656
Premiere Project #90: Twisted Slogans - "Can You Hear Me Now?" by Nikon_Mario

Name:	pp91---Gone-comma-But-Not-Forgotten-dot-dot-dot---Hawk.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	431.4 KB
ID:	82657
Premiere Project #91: War & Peace - Gone, But Not Forgotten... by Hawk

Name:	pp92---La-Famiglia---Priceless-Images.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	82658
Premiere Project #92: Low Key - Chiaroscuro Effect - La Famiglia by Priceless Images

Name:	pp93---Orange-You-Glad-questionmark---aheart2heart.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	82659
Premiere Project #93: A Splash of Color - Orange You Glad? by aheart2heart
  #2    Top
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Vote for the 2010 Premiere Project Photograph of the Year

I love how these show the talent and the diversity of topics that are on display in the Premiere Projects. Not that I'm biased or anything about the Projects.

Good luck to everyone. You've all helped to make the Premiere Projects a joy to run and a joy to participate in.

And thanks Tim for putting this together and chasing down such a great prize!

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #3    Top
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Wow, that awesome. Well done everyone.
Visit me here..Room57
  #4    Top
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Ugh!! Too much, too much!! Awesome overload! I need to come back and review this one some more.
  #5    Top
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I hear you Jenn!

Thanks Tim for getting such a great prize, and thanks Think Tank for offering up such a sweet prize!

Good luck to all. It's so fun to look back through all the winners!
  #6    Top
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Lifer
Recent Photo: Orana Bay
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Aw geez! I have enough trouble choosing project by project!

Very interesting to see the images we ruminated over so much all lined up in a row.

Nope, I'll have to come back, I just can't choose.
* Focus on what is important
* Capture the good times
* Develop from the negatives
...and if things don't turn out...just take another shot!
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old January 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Awesome! Love seeing all the winner finalists stacked together...shows all the mighty talent we have going on in the Premiere side!!

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
  #8    Top
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

uuuhhhhh... I have to come back to this one!
  #9    Top
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM

These photos werre all so..gripping. Well done everyone, tough call indeed.
  #10    Top
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Wannabe Photo Taker
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

They were all phenomenal shots. Good luck everyone. It was a hard call, but my vote is in.