Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#101    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: We're Meeting Up In Allentown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
I'm gonna bring my Pelican 1650 with my umbrellas, 4 strobes and everything we should need for shoots. If anyone wants to use any of the gear yawl are more than welcome too. Is there anyone local (driving in) that has some flash stands you could bring, mine won't fit in the case.
Wow...y'all got some serious gear. Im bringing 2 Canon Xti's and a couple of lenses and filters. Sall I gots. I wouldnt even know the first thing on how to use that stuff. gheesh...I dont even have a good flash anymore.
Visit me here..Room57
  #102    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Wow...y'all got some serious gear. Im bringing 2 Canon Xti's and a couple of lenses and filters. Sall I gots. I wouldnt even know the first thing on how to use that stuff. gheesh...I dont even have a good flash anymore.
I don't have much really but figure I might as well bring it all. I really wanna bring my new boom but I guess if all else fails we could be each others light stands.

I'll be bringing...

D300, D200, SB-800, SB-600, Vivitar 285HV X 2, Cybersyncs X 4, 8mm FE, 30mm f/1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f/2, 24-70mm f/2.8, CZ 100mm f/2, 70-200mm f/2.8 and about 60 AA'a and chargers!

Do you have a gas mask Carl?
  #103    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
I don't have much really but figure I might as well bring it all. I really wanna bring my new boom but I guess if all else fails we could be each others light stands.

I'll be bringing...

D300, D200, SB-800, SB-600, Vivitar 285HV X 2, Cybersyncs X 4, 8mm FE, 30mm f/1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f/2, 24-70mm f/2.8, CZ 100mm f/2, 70-200mm f/2.8 and about 60 AA'a and chargers!

Do you have a gas mask Carl?

I do have a gas mask, but Im not sure about bringing it across the border. I have enough troubles with the way I look. If I wear the gas mask, there will be real trouble.
If we can get to graffitti alley, with some models, Im planning on getting bringing some "horror" clothes. With those lights, I think we might score some cool images if we can get some willing victims.
I picked up the gas mask on ebay for about 20bucks. I wish I could bring some of my props, but they are a little...no border crossing type stuff.
Visit me here..Room57
  #104    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Big Browns
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Wow, this is starting to look for real now. Awesome. Im in for the full 5 days/4nights. My plane arrives around noonish on Wednesday, and I leave around 6ish Sunday night. Right now there are still a lot of flights available on itravel for around the $400.00 range(taxes inc) with a stopover in Detroit. Travel insurance is about $70.00 on top of that, which I still have to get.

Everyone is welcome, and the more subjects we have to shoot the better. I can see a lot of portraits and stuff being shot in that graffitti alley place. T and I have been working on a bit of a horror shoot and might need victims.
So far all of the places look amazing for photography, and it will be a laugh once everyone gets out there. Bring bail money.
By the looks of the last "premiere projects" and all the days end alchol....bail money or a case of asprin....it's a toss up!
  #105    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
I do have a gas mask, but Im not sure about bringing it across the border. I have enough troubles with the way I look. If I wear the gas mask, there will be real trouble.
If we can get to graffitti alley, with some models, Im planning on getting bringing some "horror" clothes. With those lights, I think we might score some cool images if we can get some willing victims.
I picked up the gas mask on ebay for about 20bucks. I wish I could bring some of my props, but they are a little...no border crossing type stuff.
Oh yeah I think I asked you about that before, old age is getting to me. I'll try and pick on up here and pack it in my case, have some ideas. Might buy a fog machine while I'm there and give it to someone driving when were done. Either way it's gonna be an awesome trip!

So what kinda beer/liquor does everyone drink?
  #106    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Premiere Member

Has anyone heard if Tim was gonna be able to attend?
  #107    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Has anyone heard if Tim was gonna be able to attend?
It's a maybe.
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #108    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Oh yeah I think I asked you about that before, old age is getting to me. I'll try and pick on up here and pack it in my case, have some ideas. Might buy a fog machine while I'm there and give it to someone driving when were done. Either way it's gonna be an awesome trip!

So what kinda beer/liquor does everyone drink?
If you can't find a gas mask, there is an Army Navy store nearby that may have one.

We can hit a liquor store if you want. One not too far away. The hotel also has a Sam Adams Brew Pub. http://www.hilehighvalley.com/
  #109    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
So far all of the places look amazing for photography, and it will be a laugh once everyone gets out there. Bring bail money.
Wonder if they'd let us bail each other out or if we'd have to call Tim to get us out?
I asked my daughter if she'd bail me out...she said she'd be there with us. Good kid

Off to find a local blood bank for Carl.
  #110    Top
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Premiere Member

Some of my photos from my last visit to Eastern State Pen (ESP).

Watch out for the ghost cats.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA