Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#491    Top
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:47 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: We're Meeting Up In Allentown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
Or....do you guys want to leave between 7:00 and 7:30? Leaving at 7 would get us to Laurel Hill about 8:15-8:30 giving us over an hour there before ESP opens.
It is o.k with me too. I just want to be able to shoot everything we can as well....specially ESP.
BTW....next week we meet.
Visit me here..Room57
  #492    Top
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingdragon View Post
That sounds fine with me. That way will be sure to hit all the places we want to get to.

Hey Scott its past May 1st I hope you booked your room.
Sadly I havent yet, been really tight lately.
  #493    Top
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I have 2 or 3 more that might stop in and say Hi. They are from elsewhere, and Im hoping to get them to join here, but for now, they are in the area , and may come and say hi.

Another day over....woo hoo.
Visit me here..Room57
  #494    Top
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:58 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

So do you guys want a sub-sub-forum to post all your photos and conversations, etc for this trip?
  #495    Top
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:36 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Sounds good to me, Tim! If you want to post the link to it on the first page of this thread (with the schedule), so people can find it easily, that might be good.....?

Another day closer, guys!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #496    Top
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:49 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Wow, we've made it to 50 pages and still have 8 days until the meetup!! I'm wondering what our photo thread will look like!

Oh, and Tim....is there enough money in the petty cash fund to use for bail money? Just wondering!
  #497    Top
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM

I just found this place that is 5 miles from our rooms.

http://www.crystalcavepa.com/

Anyone ever seen this place?

And this is 8miles.
http://www.roadsideamericainc.com/

Sorry...was waiting for my printer to print at work, and was looking around.
Visit me here..Room57
  #498    Top
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
I just found this place that is 5 miles from our rooms.

http://www.crystalcavepa.com/

Anyone ever seen this place?

And this is 8miles.
http://www.roadsideamericainc.com/

Sorry...was waiting for my printer to print at work, and was looking around.
I've been to Crystal Cave since it's close to where I live. There is also Lost River Caverns nearby too. (I think Crystal Cave is nicer though and is the oldest operating cave walk in PA.)

I was at Roadside America with the local photography group some time ago. I've got photos of it in my flickr gallery. http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=2&w...adside+&m=text

We could hit both of those Thursday afternoon after Centralia and I can get coupons for discount admissions to both.
  #499    Top
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Premiere Member

Oh darn, we're going to miss take your Mom to Eastern State day (on Mother's Day)! All Moms get a free tote bag. Just saw it posted on their facebook page.

Had to post that!
  #500    Top
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Premiere Member

And this is close to Centralia. http://www.knoebels.com/carousel-roller-coaster.asp
Free admission/Parking. If you ride, there are tickets or a ride pass.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA