Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#521    Top
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Premiere Member
Re: We're Meeting Up In Allentown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post

For those staying at the hotel, I believe it has internet access.
If it doesn't you can swing by my room(down the road a bit) to log on if you need an internet fix. Although I'm not sure if they monitor the amount of users on at any particular moment signed on to one account so it may have to be only one at a time.

The rooms have data ports and the whole place has wifi IIRC, the hotel also has a business center with computers/printers/fax machines. I think you'd need my key for the latter though and I think security keeps an eye on that room.
  #522    Top
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Looks like things are pretty much together, and so we wait till Wednesday.

Tim....thank you so much for the subforum. Now we have to fill it.

Im bringing my Crackberry, that has WIFI. Does anyone know if it can connect to the internet at the Super 8. Im new to the Crackberry thing

Camera are packed, and half the suitcase is packed. Have to pick up a few things, and then just watch the minutes pass by till I leave.
Tonight I pick up the last of what I need. woo hooo.
Visit me here..Room57
  #523    Top
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Have fun everyone. sounds like quite the adventure. Vacation time is limited for me and In

June I have a week in Yosemite coming up and July.

Comicon is also just around the corner....if you have never heard of or been to comicon San Diego, it is the largest comic book sci-fi fantasy convention. Its quite the experience and has been a 6 year tradition now...in fact we register and pay for the following year at the convention to avoid the rush. I think this years tickets went on sale in November and sold out by December (each day can have as many as 160k visitors).
  #524    Top
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20DNewbie View Post
If it doesn't you can swing by my room(down the road a bit) to log on if you need an internet fix. Although I'm not sure if they monitor the amount of users on at any particular moment signed on to one account so it may have to be only one at a time.

The rooms have data ports and the whole place has wifi IIRC, the hotel also has a business center with computers/printers/fax machines. I think you'd need my key for the latter though and I think security keeps an eye on that room.
Several local restaurants have it too....just in case!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #525    Top
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Have fun everyone. sounds like quite the adventure. Vacation time is limited for me and In

June I have a week in Yosemite coming up and July.

Comicon is also just around the corner....if you have never heard of or been to comicon San Diego, it is the largest comic book sci-fi fantasy convention. Its quite the experience and has been a 6 year tradition now...in fact we register and pay for the following year at the convention to avoid the rush. I think this years tickets went on sale in November and sold out by December (each day can have as many as 160k visitors).
Thanks for the wishes. This has been a long time in the works, and being with great friends, sharing a great passion will be a cherished memory.

I have heard of Comicon. We have something similar here in Toronto, called Fanexpo. It also included the Festival of fear. Lots of really cool stuff there. I try to get to it every year.
A few of my friends keep trying to talk me into being a vendor there and selling my horror stuff but Im way not ready for that type of gig. ....and the cost is stoopid. $700.00 for a booth.
Visit me here..Room57
  #526    Top
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
Thank you Tim!!

For those staying at the hotel, I believe it has internet access.

And....now we are at less than a week to go!
They advertise free hi-speed internet with their rooms.

Carl - you should be able to access the wireless with your crackberry.

Hard to believe it is so close.

See you all in a few days.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #527    Top
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post

Hard to believe it is so close.

See you all in a few days.
Not too long ago it seemed like forever and a day away, now its just a few days!
  #528    Top
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Premiere Member

All packed? Check your lists! (Don't forget your meds!)

See you Wednesday!
  #529    Top
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Haven't even started packing yet but that's usually the way it goes.
  #530    Top
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Done Mothers day lunch with Momma, and now doing house chores, laundry, grass, digging out the leftover body parts from the gardens, then packing and waiting. Two more work days
Visit me here..Room57
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA