Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#571    Top
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: We're Meeting Up In Allentown!

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling much better!!

There will be 10 of us are heading to Philly at 7:30 AM Friday morning. 7 are Cornerites, 3 are guests. More are meeting us (potentially) at Eastern State.

Are you meeting us at Eastern State at 10 or at the cemetery about 8:30-9ish? One of us will text or call you when we are close.
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #572    Top
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Sounds like you all are having a great time.
  #573    Top
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Today we went to Centralia. I'm sure everyone will post about how HOT the road was from the areas were smoke was venting through the ground.

I grew up not too far from there and it's sad to see the town almost completely gone. I counted 7 houses left in the town. (Do a google search for the video "Centralia, The Town That Was".)

We had lunch at a pizza place in Ashland, PA and headed back to the hotel....very sun kissed all of us!

A few (5) drove into NYC tonight in Mike's car. Four of us bowed out to rest up for Philadelphia tomorrow.
  #574    Top
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I'll meet you all at laurel hill. Not sure what time, but I'll most likely be there before you. It opens at 8:00am. I'll either be parked in the cemetery or across the street. I'll make sure to bring my cell and I have your number. I am not quite up to full stamina yet though, so I'll probably only do ESP and skip Graffiti Alley. We'll see how it goes.
I can't wait to get out, and meet you guys! It's been a loooong week.
It's also my first time at either Laurel Hill or ESP, though I've been by them many times. You guys are inspiring me. I can think of lots of other places in Philly I've been ignoring. Maybe this is the kick I need to get out there and shoot them.
Since you aren't that far away, maybe we can get a few people together and do some local shoots. I've got ideas about Ninth Street, South Street, and Reading Terminal Market in the not too distant future.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #575    Top
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

By the way, a call will work best as I don't have texting turned on on my phone. I just don't have the patience for punching those tiny buttons.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #576    Top
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
By the way, a call will work best as I don't have texting turned on on my phone. I just don't have the patience for punching those tiny buttons.
Sounds good. I'm meeting the group in a bit over an hour. See you soon!
Sponsors
  #577    Top
Old May 13th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

On the way!
  #578    Top
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I met Mike Dorn. It was totally friggin' awesome!
  #579    Top
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Premiere Member

I hate to leave tomorrow, have to be up early so told everybody bye tonight. I would like to thank you TJ for everything you have done, you are awesome! It was a pleasure to finally meet all of yawl and hopefully we can do it again soon.

Until next time be careful and have fun,

Scott
  #580    Top
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Premiere Member

Thanks everyone, I had a great time and meeting you all was awesome!

T your the best, always having plenty of options of things for us to do you truly are the consummate hostess of Pa..