Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Year

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should be crowned the PhotographyCorner 2010 Photograph of the Year?
Round 1 Group A Finalist - Blowing Confetti Kisses 36 5.79%
Round 1 Group A Finalist - Freedom 33 5.31%
Round 1 Group A Finalist - Reflections 21 3.38%
Round 1 Group B Finalist - Fleeting Moment 46 7.40%
Round 1 Group B Finalist - Great Horned Owl - Incoming 79 12.70%
Round 1 Group B Finalist - Early Morning Rays of Light 16 2.57%
Round 1 Group C Finalist - Hello... 15 2.41%
Round 1 Group C Finalist - Waiting 13 2.09%
Round 1 Group C Finalist - Curtis Island Lighthouse 12 1.93%
Round 1 Group D Finalist - Duo 9 1.45%
Round 1 Group D Finalist - Angel Face 11 1.77%
Round 1 Group D Finalist - Cherries 2 0.32%
Round 1 Group E Finalist - Mandarin Duck Drinking 27 4.34%
Round 1 Group E Finalist - Last One Standing 9 1.45%
Round 1 Group E Finalist - All That Glitters... 14 2.25%
Round 1 Group F Finalist - Poetic Rage 73 11.74%
Round 1 Group F Finalist - Nite Lite 9 1.45%
Round 1 Group F Finalist - Focus & Out of Focus Multi-Exposure 3 0.48%
Round 1 Group G Finalist - Coosaw - Tree Swing 29 4.66%
Round 1 Group G Finalist - The Magic of Winter 12 1.93%
Round 1 Group G Finalist - Wheel in the Sky 2 0.32%
Round 1 Group H Finalist - Ocean Brushes 19 3.05%
Round 1 Group H Finalist - Llandaff Cathedral Interior 19 3.05%
Round 1 Group H Finalist - VA Creeper Trail: My Journey Begins 19 3.05%
Round 1 Group I Finalist - Subjugated Childhood 15 2.41%
Round 1 Group I Finalist - Trucking into the Sunset 9 1.45%
Round 1 Group I Finalist - Wasp 6 0.96%
Round 1 Group J Finalist - Street Life 32 5.14%
Round 1 Group J Finalist - Market 23 3.70%
Round 1 Group J Finalist - Morning Colors on the Rock 9 1.45%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:27 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Vote for the 2010 Photograph of the Year: Final Round

To better understand the multi-round voting process, visit the 2010 Photograph of the Year Voting Guidelines thread for more information. The photographs below represent the top 3 photographs in their groups from the first round of voting in the PhotographyCorner.com 2010 Photograph of the Year contest.

Voting Ends: approximately 2:30am EST (7:30am GMT) on Friday, January 28th, 2011.

Prizes: The prizes for the PhotographyCorner.com 2010 Photograph of the Year contest are listed on the Prizes page. Prizes will be awarded after the final voting round is complete on January 28th, 2011.

Gallery: You can view the high resolution photos in the Final Round Photo gallery or you can view smaller versions of the photos below. Once you've viewed all the entries make sure to cast your vote in the poll above.

Sponsors: We have 5 Amazing sponsors for this contest, who are supplying the majority of the prizes. Make sure you check out each of the sponsors listed below. Without their support, this contest (or PhotographyCorner) would not exist.

Lead Sponsor: PrintedArt operates a fine art photography collection and is selling it as finished artwork through its web store and other outlets. The discerning buyer can purchase exclusive images in gallery-grade printing and mounting for a clean, frameless look in small, medium and large formats. Every image can be printed at customer demand in sizes up to 60 x 90 inches. Choices of material include acrylic finish, aluminum dibond mounting, canvas prints and regular prints on archival quality inkjet paper. Every image in the collection is sold with a certificate of authenticity. PrintedArt also makes its advanced display material available to photographers via its online photolab.

Contest Sponsor: Maha Energy, the maker of Powerex batteries and chargers, have been providing power solutions to hobbist and professional photographers since 1993. Advanced charging solutions include battery analyzers and conditioners with features that are unmatched by others. State of the art rechargeable NiMH batteries including the IMEDION line and the POWEREX line. IMEDION batteries are "ready when you are!" by offering up to 85% of charge after one year of storage. POWEREX batteries offer some of the highest capacities in the marketplace. While Powerex batteries and chargers will provide your flash with the most reliable and highest performance during your photo shoots, they are also great with other household electronics!

Contest Sponsor: SmugMug, your photos look better here. A father and son team founded the company in 2002. Since then SmugMug has continued to stay a private family owned business, profitable and debt free. Every subscription comes with unlimited storage with no ads surrounding any photo. "White-glove" is the best way to describe SmugMug's customer service. SmugMug believes in taking care of our customers. Real people, real photographers are always available to assist customer's every need 365/24/7. SmugMug provides all the necessary tools and functionality for privacy and security of each priceless photo. For added security each photo is saved multiple times in multiple data centers around the country, making it truly the "Fort Knox" for photos.

Contest Sponsor: Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work, and developing inventive new carrying solutions to meet their needs. By focusing on "speed" and "accessibility," they prepare photographers to Be Ready "Before The Moment," allowing them to capture those historic moments that reflect their personal visions and artistic talents. For some companies, it is only about the product. For them, it is more: It is about supporting photographers doing their job. If Think Tank can design products that help photographers travel easier, take pictures faster, and organize their gear more efficiently, then they will have accomplished something beyond the bags themselves. As a special offer to members of PhotographerCorner, when you order $50 or more of Think Tank gear online, at checkout you will be able to select a product to receive for free!

Contest Sponsor: Established in 2001, 123di is a leader and innovator in the creation of interactive learning content for digital photographers at all levels. Popular among digital photographers from beginners to professionals, "the 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite" or "123di" is a unique interactive learning (Windows/Mac) application that covers all aspects of the digital imaging workflow, including digital imaging theory, equipment selection, camera settings, photography techniques, color management, RAW conversion, editing techniques with all versions of Adobe Photoshop, image organization, and optimization of images for the web, slideshows, and printing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blowing-Confetti-Kisses.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	83173
Round 1 Group A Finalist - Blowing Confetti Kisses

Name:	Freedom.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	83181
Round 1 Group A Finalist - Freedom

Name:	Reflections-1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	83192
Round 1 Group A Finalist - Reflections

Name:	Fleeting-Moment.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	83179
Round 1 Group B Finalist - Fleeting Moment

Name:	Great-Horned-Owl-dash-Incoming.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	83182
Round 1 Group B Finalist - Great Horned Owl - Incoming

Name:	Early-Morning-Rays-of-Light.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	83178
Round 1 Group B Finalist - Early Morning Rays of Light

Name:	Hello-dot-dot-dot.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	83183
Round 1 Group C Finalist - Hello...

Name:	Waiting.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	83198
Round 1 Group C Finalist - Waiting

Name:	Curtis-Island-Lighthouse.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	83176
Round 1 Group C Finalist - Curtis Island Lighthouse

Name:	Duo.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	83177
Round 1 Group D Finalist - Duo

Name:	Angel-Face.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	83172
Round 1 Group D Finalist - Angel Face

Name:	Cherries.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	83174
Round 1 Group D Finalist - Cherries

Name:	Mandarin-Duck-Drinking.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	83186
Round 1 Group E Finalist - Mandarin Duck Drinking

Name:	Last-One-Standing.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	83184
Round 1 Group E Finalist - Last One Standing

Name:	All-That-Glitters-dot-dot-dot.jpg
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	83171
Round 1 Group E Finalist - All That Glitters...

Name:	Poetic-Rage.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	83191
Round 1 Group F Finalist - Poetic Rage

Name:	Nite-Lite.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	83189
Round 1 Group F Finalist - Nite Lite

Name:	Focus-&-Out-of-Focus-Multi-Exposure.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	83180
Round 1 Group F Finalist - Focus & Out of Focus Multi-Exposure

Name:	Coonsaw---Tree-Swing.jpg
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	83175
Round 1 Group G Finalist - Coosaw - Tree Swing

Name:	The-Magic-of-Winter.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	83195
Round 1 Group G Finalist - The Magic of Winter

Name:	Wheel-in-the-Sky.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	83200
Round 1 Group G Finalist - Wheel in the Sky

Name:	Ocean-Brushes.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	83190
Round 1 Group H Finalist - Ocean Brushes

Name:	Llandaff-Cathedral-Interior.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	83185
Round 1 Group H Finalist - Llandaff Cathedral Interior

Name:	VA-Creeper-Trail-colon-My-Journey-Begins.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	83197
Round 1 Group H Finalist - VA Creeper Trail: My Journey Begins

Name:	Subjugated-Childhood.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	83194
Round 1 Group I Finalist - Subjugated Childhood

Name:	Trucking-into-the-Sunset.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	83196
Round 1 Group I Finalist - Trucking into the Sunset

Name:	Wasp.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	83199
Round 1 Group I Finalist - Wasp

Name:	Street-Life.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	83193
Round 1 Group J Finalist - Street Life

Name:	Market.jpg
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	83187
Round 1 Group J Finalist - Market

Name:	Morning-Colors-on-the-Rocks.jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	83188
Round 1 Group J Finalist - Morning Colors on the Rock
  #2    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:22 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Marsh Hunter
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Vote for the 2010 Photograph of the Year: Final Round

Talk about a tight contest... Wow! Great Job to all the contestents!
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt. 16:26)
LowcountryPhotography.net
My Flickr Page
http://scott-hansen.artistwebsites.com/

Scott C. Hansen
  #3    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Double Bubble
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I just don't see how this could be any harder!! Great shots everyone.
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Recent Photo: Fields

So many nice pictures and only one vote. Congratulations to all. Very nice photographies.
  #5    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

almost of the photographs I vote for during the 1rst round have disapear, just one have "survive"... so it will easyer to vote this time!!!

....I have a question for Tim:
I reread the rules:

"•Submitted photographs must not be heavily manipulated "

Many of the photographs for this contest are visibly "heavily manipulate" (some of them were also explain about them editiing during the year in the forum),
so:
what was the criterias to determine which was few edit or "heavily"?

I was very surprise, and for this reason abstain to choice for the first round photographs with important editing, more impressive sometimes, often beautifull, but not "real" photographs (at my sense and also the rules as I understand it).

It's just a personal questionment and absolutly not a critic about this fantastic challenge - just pleae explain me about my questions

Last edited by loic; January 21st, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
  #6    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:25 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Excellent photos - if you ask me, you are all winners.
My vote is in.

My Flickr

Save A Dolphin
  #7    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kot View Post
Excellent photos - if you ask me, you are all winners.
My vote is in.
I agree this challenge is really impressive!
  #8    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM

I loved all of them. It was a very hard decision. (But I got 7 right.) Congratulations to all the finalists! Will my final pick make it to the end?
  #9    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Ack. This is too much, it's going to require some review.
  #10    Top
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

what a JAMMIN set !!! good luck to everyone !!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Year