Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#31    Top
Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Corner Photowalk San Diego June 11th 2011

Well we are just about 1 week away from the San Diego Gaslamp quarter corner walk. I would like to get an idea for how many plan on coming out for this event so I can better plan for lunch and perhaps dinner for those wishing to shoot the sunset on the harbor.

You can either PM me or send me an email at ckranz@cox.net.

Thanks
  #32    Top
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM

In glancing back through this thread it looks like maybe some people might be coming down the night before. If so, depending on arrival time, maybe we can organize a Friday night shoot as well. A few ideas:

- San Diego downtown skyline from near the Ferry Landing on Coronado. Some good places to grab a light dinner there as well. Depending on what the western sky looks like maybe sunset from the Hotel Del Coronado before.

- Balboa Park.

- The waterfront around the Midway (and Fish Market Restaurant). (Also good for after Balboa Park.)

I would be available to play tour guide for anyone who might be interested.

My SmugMug photo galleries: http://frankbaiamonte.smugmug.com/
  #33    Top
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I'd be game for that but I would not be able to meet until after 6pm on Friday
  #34    Top
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Well, let's see what the weather looks like on Friday, and who else might be in town. Fridays are not always an easy night for me, depending on work, but I thought maybe if people were staying in a hotel this might be a way to get out and do some sightseeing.

My SmugMug photo galleries: http://frankbaiamonte.smugmug.com/
  #35    Top
Old June 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM

Just as a reminder the corwalk in San Diego is this Saturday.

Gaslamp Quarters, San Diego:
http://www.gaslampquarter.org/

The Gaslamp Quarter is a 16 block historical neighborhood in downtown San Diego, California. Its main period of development began in 1867, when Alonzo Horton bought the land in hopes of creating a new city center closer to the bay, and chose 5th Avenue as its main street. After a period of urban decay, the neighborhood underwent urban renewal in the 1980s and 1990s, and is today an energetic business and entertainment district.

The Gaslamp Quarter, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, extends from Broadway to Harbor Drive, and from 4th to 6th Avenue, covering 16 blocks. It includes 94 historic buildings, most of which were constructed in the Victorian Era, and are still in use with active tenants including restaurants, shops and nightclubs. (from wikipedia)

Here is some information about the area we will be walking through. Our walk is also extended to Seaport Village and the harbor area for the evening to hopefully capture a brilliant San Diego Sunset. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

If travelling and coming in on Friday night We could also add in an evening night shoot on Coronado Island. Please let either Frank B or myself know if you are interested in a Friday night walk as well.
  #36    Top
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to bow out -- I got an event gig to shoot tomorrow. Making money comes first...
Hope you all have a great time, and do another one so I can come!

Paul
  #37    Top
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Me too Paul. My husband started a 3 week job and I can't drive all the way down there and back in one day and can't leave my house and daughter unattended for the night so I'm out.

Maybe later in the summer we can plan another one. Sorry guyz!

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #38    Top
Old June 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM

My sister, deniseabc, and I might be there tomorrow.
  #39    Top
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

This meet up looks like it could be lots of fun. I'm looking forward to the pics. Hope you all have a blast

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #40    Top
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I'm looking forward to this meet up, never made one before. The weather has been a bit off and on with some showers and overcast, I hope Saturday will be clear with some pretty clouds! See you at 9am.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks