Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Day 2: Centralia, Pennsylvania

I love this group shot!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
Sponsors
  #22    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Help save the remaining homes in Centralia......

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sav...-centralia-pa/
  #23    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Premiere Member

Some of the last residents of Centralia.

Assumption Church. Left standing to watch over the town.

Old Route 61. Closed when the road split. Smoke still streams from here and so does a lot of heat!

Always Watching

#24    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Few more....
I might paint this on the wall of my house.

Visit me here..Room57
  #25    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Premiere Member

I KNEW I saw "Get out" somewhere....or did I hear it?

#26    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Gheesh T. No wonder the kids dont go on my lawn.

Ok....my one and only ghost image. I was surprised to see a school bus go through Centralia. Kinda odd, considering there was nobody there. I took two shots, one before, and one as the bus passed. I quickly merged the two images, and turned the opacity to about 20% to create the ghost image of the bus. It was not till I looked closer, the orbs around the stop sign, and just to the left of it. Could be spirits of the missing kids of Centralia waiting for the ghost bus. Hmm.....

Visit me here..Room57
  #27    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Premiere Member

Great image, Carl! Love it!

It did seem odd to see a bus passing by and all the traffic too. For a dying town, it's roads sure where busy! I wonder what it will look like in a year....gotta go back!
  #28    Top
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
Great image, Carl! Love it!

It did seem odd to see a bus passing by and all the traffic too. For a dying town, it's roads sure where busy! I wonder what it will look like in a year....gotta go back!
But did we all really see a bus T?
Visit me here..Room57
  #29    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
Premiere Member

You mean it was a ghost bus with a ghost driver and ghost children?? Or was it a figment of our imagination?
  #30    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

That bus shot is so cool Carl.

Nice shots TJ . Would have loved to seen the inside of that church.