Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
The Toe.

Some of y'all know that a few days before the meetup, I decided to take my toe out on the side of the dresser. I had heard two fighter jets circling around the lake here, ran into get the camera and "SMACK". I hopped outside on one foot to see nothing in the sky, but when I looked down, my toe was sticking out the side of my foot. I leaned over, and felt it seemed attached, and ...well...snapped it back into place. Knowing I was leaving in 2 days, there was no way on this planet, I was going to go sit in a hospital, and have some doc stick a cast on my foot. Thankfully "Google" helped me out.
While in Centalia, we came across this painted on the road. How ironic would it be.

Soo....it is has been a week, and after wandering around PA, working, it still looks similar to the photo. Big, swollen and purple. Yeah...it is broke. Baby toes can not be casted, only taped to is brother beside it, and hope for the best.

Visit me here..Room57
  #2    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: The Toe.

OW! That has to hurt.

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #3    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Premiere Member

LOL!

As soon as I saw the title of this watching you taking this shot came flashing back.

How's the toe these days, hopefully better?
  #4    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter Sunset
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

OMG! Sorry but I had to laugh. Sounds like something my husband would do! Hope it gets better soon.

Canon 7D~Canon Digital Rebel XT ~ Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ~ Tamron 28-75mm ~ Canon 50mm prime~ Sigma 17-70 ~ Canon 18-55mm ~ Canon 75-300mm

http://www.visions-imagery.com/
  #5    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

YOUCH !!!! man,,, your story and how it happened sent shivers through me that must have hurt while you were with the gang !!
  #6    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother

Geez, you must be related to me. I've broken my one big toe 3 times now. Hope it's feeling better soon so you don't have to "adjust" it anymore!

You and Mario won't want to come to PA anymore.....both of you visited the hospital on your return home!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #7    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20DNewbie View Post
LOL!

As soon as I saw the title of this watching you taking this shot came flashing back.

How's the toe these days, hopefully better?
It is doing o.k....sort of. I have graduated to wearing a sock with shoes now. Supposed to take 4 weeks to heal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
Geez, you must be related to me. I've broken my one big toe 3 times now. Hope it's feeling better soon so you don't have to "adjust" it anymore!

You and Mario won't want to come to PA anymore.....both of you visited the hospital on your return home!
Oh, T. We are coming back. I survived 5 days walking on this toe....we all might need those motorized wheelchairs, but we are coming back.
Visit me here..Room57
  #8    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Oh, T. We are coming back. I survived 5 days walking on this toe....we all might need those motorized wheelchairs, but we are coming back.
Motorized wheelchairs?! I'm in

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #9    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Good Grief! Do I have to tell ya'll to stay OUT of hospitals? sheesh!

I know that toe hurts like hell, I've done similar things but never had to "adjust" the toe back into position. Geeze. I hope he gave you happy pills til it heals.

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #10    Top
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother

Woo Hoo....motorized wheelchairs and happy pills. I'm in!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA