Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 18th, 2005, 01:55 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Volume 2, Issue 6 - June, 2005

PhotographyCorner.com Newsletter
Volume 2, Issue 6

Contents:
1) Summer Fun
2) Contest Corner Challenges
3) Sponsor - Kiesel Bags
4) The Corner Reporter
5) "Noteworthy Notables"
6) This I Promise You

1) Summer Fun

Spring is pretty much over, and thus come the months of summer, bringing beautiful sunsets, blooming flowers, kids playing outside, and, of course, countless photo opportunities! While online activity generally slows down during the summer months, people tend to take more and more photos the longer the Sun stays out, which means that PhotographyCorner will continue to grow and exhibit amazing photographs all summer long. Needless to say, don't spend your whole summer hanging around the Corner. Make sure to go out at least once a day, enjoy the Sun, take some photos, then come back and share them with us. Whether you snagged some quick snap shots of the family at the zoo (perfect example of photos to display in the Photos Sharing Corner), or if you're giving a go at macro photography in your garden and want some pointers (great for the Feedback Corner), or you managed to grab that "perfect" sunset and you want to showcase in the Critiques Corner, there will always be people waiting at the Corner to see, help, and admire your handiwork. To sum up, your summer plans are as follows: 1) Go out and have fun, 2) Take lots of photos, and 3) come back to the Corner to show the world what you did this summer. Sounds like a good summer to me!

2) Contest Corner Challenges

Summer also tends to be synonymous with weddings (including my own, this year!), so you'll find a lot of photographers running around churches and halls, photographing people dressed up in beautiful dresses and tuxedos. If you're a wedding photographer, or even just an amateur, there will be no excuse for you for not entering the current Contest Corner Challenge #15: Summer Weddings, as, regardless of where you live, there will be at least one, if not dozens of weddings going pretty much every weekend. So make sure you get to at least one wedding, snap a couple of photographs, and enter one in to the contest. If you're planning on just photographing your first wedding, or you just got your first camera, before you head out to capture someone's special day, check out a couple of the great articles on wedding photography in our resources section - http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...-resources.php For more information about CCC#15: Summer Weddings, and to find out what prizes you could win, check out the contest thread for more details: http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=10515

3) Sponsor - Kiesel Bags

We at Kiesel Bags, a camera bag manufacturer, would like to express our gratitude to all the members on this forum for their kind words. In doing so, we'd like to offer all of you a coupon just for the members here. It's good for an additional 10% off any of our complete line of camera bags (including any items on sale!). Simply enter the coupon code below after clicking the "Enter Coupon" link on the checkout confirmation page. This coupon will be good until the end of the year. Coupon Code : PHOTOCRNR Thanks everyone! Check out http://www.kieselbags.com to view all of the great and highly recommended camera bags by Kiesel Bags.

4) The Corner Reporter

You may have noticed recently a lot more posts in the Photography News section of the forum. We've recently have the opportunity to hire a Photography Anchorman for the site (ok, fine, so he's basically a robot) that reports photography news from around the world (ok, fine again, he/it looks through various sites, like dpreview, photographyblog, photography.about.com, yahoo digital photography, etc via RSS/XML feeds and just posts up brief descriptions and a link, he doesn't actually write the news himself). His job is to, every couple of hours, check these various sites to see if there's any new photography-related news going on. If he finds some, he posts it up in the forum. For those of you that frequently check these sites for news, now you can just hang out at the Corner and wait for the Corner Reporter to bring the photography news to you! He is new, though, so you'll have to bare with him as he figures out his role perfectly. He has been known to pull a digital phone article, or the same article twice now and then... he has a bad memory I guess. He'll get better as he becomes a more seasoned reporter, though. He's just a robot... give him a break. You can check out all the recent posts he's made in the Photography News section here: http://www.photographycorner.com/viewforum.php?f=21

5) Noteworthy Notables

Photography Resources
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewforum.php?f=25
There have been 14 new photography articles, tips and tutorials added in the past month. Make sure you check them out.

Nikon D70s or Canon Rebel XT
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=10479
A common struggle. Nikon vs. Canon. What camera to buy? See what advice people had to give.

What camera do you use?
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=7123
Curious what cameras people are shooting with on the Corner? This article tells you what gear we all use.

June Photograph of the Month
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=9337
JonMikal, with his 2nd Photograph of the Month, shows us the Steps of the Jefferson Memorial in a unique light.

Contest Corner Challenge #13: Portraits Winning Photograph
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=8618
Cally shows us her handy work by winning CCC#13 and snagging herself a custom website as the prize. Check out her winning photograph.

Contest Corner Challenge #14: Athletes in Action
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=9659
Jeff wins with a great picture of a "Flying Fish" and pulls in a free copy of PicaJet's PicaJetFX image-organizing software.

Contest Corner Challenge #15: Summer Weddings
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=10515
The contest just started, and with a cash prize, as well as a complimentary copy of PicaJetFX, make sure you get a photo entered in for this contest!

6) This I Promise You

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm having a little bit of writers block here. I sincerely apologize for the NSync song reference in the title of this section. I was looking for a cheesy "wait for me this summer" type of song, but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so that's the best I can do. I really gotta stop writing these newsletters at 3am. Anyways, here's the scoop. As most of you know, I'm going to be more or less AWOL for several weeks in July attending my wedding and honeymoon (you're all invited if you really want to come - to the wedding, not the honeymoon, that is). This means a couple of things. First, this will be the last newsletter until August, so, come July 15th, if think you're going to be feeling some withdrawl from no PhotographyCorner newsletter, save this in your inbox, and read it again then. I don't think my fiancée (my wife by that time), will be overly enthused with me writing a PhotographyCorner newsletter while on our honeymoon. I'm sure you'll understand. Secondly, there will be a merged photograph of the Month for July/August. So the photograph that you pick at the end of June will stay Photograph of the Month until September 1st. Thirdly, the Contest Corner Challenge will be abnormally long, with the entry time ending in 6 weeks instead of the usual 3. This should give all of you ample time to get your entries in. If you send me PMs or emails while I'm away, don't be surprised if I don't respond until after I get back. While I'll be checking in from time to time, the Mods will be running the show, keeping peace, and yadda yadda yadda while I'm gone.

And just when you thought the newsletter was over, I've got one more thing to tell you. PhotographyCorner.com has been selected as "Cool Site of the Day" from CoolSiteoftheDay.com coming up for June 28th!! It's a huge honor, and it will drive quite a bit of traffic to the site. I will be sending out a reminder to everyone that day, so make sure you check your email so you can vote for PhotographyCorner on that day. Yay us!

I guess that's all from me. Enjoy the beautiful weather that summer brings, take lots of photos, and make sure you stop by and show us some of them. We love photos.

See you around the Corner,
Tim L. Walker
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters