In the works: Trigger Trap universal camera trigger - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Photography Anchorman
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
In the works: Trigger Trap universal camera trigger

Trigger Trap is an open-source project for photographers and geeks initiated by Haje Jan Kamps. He is currently seeking your help in collecting funds that will be spent on developing, prototyping, and manufacturing the product in two versions: a PRO and a DIY model. Trigger Trap is a universal camera trigger that makes it easy to trigger your camera any way you could possibly think of. The Trigger Trap will support triggering Laser, Sound, Time and even an Aux port is available for those not satisfied by these standard options...

Read More...
  #2    Top
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: leaf
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: In the works: Trigger Trap universal camera trigger

Maybe its just me and my cynicism......but I'll call it survival instincts! If it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck there's a better than even chance it IS a duck! Here's a roughly sketched out sales pitch, apparently based in San Francisco which I consider to be the hub of venture capitalism, that wants our $75.....no wait, he wants another $5 for WHEN (if?) he ships it, after developing it....assuming he does. This alleged device (or is it just an idea until there's tangible evidence of it?) will do something for everyone......and therefore entice the widest population of "investors". I don't disagree with the convenience and even the feasability, even the possibility that this thing is or will be real.......but hark, is that a quack I hear?
  #3    Top
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:30 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: In the works: Trigger Trap universal camera trigger

While I don't know Haje Jan Kamps in person, I do know him online, and know him to be an honest fellow. Kickstarter is kind of a new thing... and I know investments via kickstarter haven't always worked out... But I can say this with a high certainty: Don't not participate because you think he'll just take your $ and run. I would "vouch" for Haje Jan Kamps as a good guy.