Venus Personalized Jigsaw Puzzles
These days there are hundreds of different ways to print out and display your photographs: from simple prints, to gallery wraps, to t-shirts and mugs - and now, puzzles. Personalised puzzles make great gifts (in fact, the one I had done up for this review is a photograph of my new nephew that I’m sending to my sister) and are simply a neat way to show off a photograph. Imagine someone (or a group of people) playing with your photograph, piece by piece, for hours trying to get the pieces to align to complete your photograph! Puzzles certainly aren’t for everyone (or every photograph), but there’s no denying it’s a unique way to share our photographs.
- Pick which size/type of puzzle you want (from 6 pieces to 2000 pieces - as small as 4” × 6” up to 28” × 35.5” - puzzle greeting cards and postcards to standard square, rectangular and even panoramic puzzles)
- Upload your photograph (it will tell you if the resolution isn’t high enough for the size you selected)
- Click “add to cart” and wait for the photo to upload. Once you’re done adding products/photos, click on “My Cart” and checkout.
- Fill in your shipping information and pay for your puzzle and shipping
- Wait a couple of weeks for your puzzle (shipped via DHL Express).
The puzzle itself (I got their most popular rectangular 1000 piece puzzle) is high quality. The images aren’t heat transfered, but actually printed onto photographic paper and then covered with a semi-gloss finish. The print is then mounted on blue puzzle cardboard which is .8” thick (about 2mm). The pieces feel very sturdy - the same quality or better than you’d get in a standard puzzle bought from a store. The pieces are die cut using professional laser-made cutting molds. I didn’t do the whole puzzle, but the pieces I did try fit very nicely together. The puzzle comes in a custom printed cardboard box with the photograph on the lid and box sides, and the broken-apart puzzle pieces are in a plastic, zip-locked bag.
The pricing can be on the expensive side (costing around $75, shipping included, for the 1000-piece puzzle), but the quality is great, and that price does include their FREE “lost piece” reproduction guarantee (if you’ve almost completed a puzzle and can’t find a missing piece - regardless of who lost it, they’re reproduce that piece and deliver it to you free-of-charge!). You’re not going to want to do every photograph up as a puzzle, but it’s a unique way to show off your photography, and based on the puzzle I received, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Venus Puzzle.